Senior Project Officer, Field Team
OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Position Title: Senior Project Officer, Field Team
Duty Station : Amman, Jordan
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date: November 18, 2015
Reference Code: VN2015/109(P)-EXT
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM has a proactive recruitment policy to increase the representation of nationals of non- represented member states. Qualified applicants from the following countries will be favourably considered:
Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Benin, Botswana, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Czech Republic, Comoros, Djibouti, El Salvador, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guyana, Holy See, Iceland, Israel, Jamaica, Lesotho, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Maldives, Malta, Marshall Islands, Montenegro, Micronesia, Mongolia, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Republic of Congo, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Somalia, Suriname, Swaziland, Tanzania, Timor Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Under the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP), the Resettlement Support Center (RSC) provides critical support and processing services for refugee resettlement to the US. As part of an MOU between IOM and the US State Department Bureau for Population Refugees and Migration (PRM), IOM manages the RSC for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Established in 2007, RSC MENA manages US resettlement activities in Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Morocco, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, the United Arab Emirates and Yemen. RSC MENA prepares refugee applications for adjudication by and provides support to visiting US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, facilitates security and medical screenings, provides information about arriving refugees to resettlement agencies in the US and offers Cultural Orientation (CO) training to refugees departing for the US.
Under the general supervision of the Project Manager, RSC MENA, and the Chief of Mission, IOM Jordan, and the direct supervision of the Deputy Project Manager, RSC MENA, the successful candidate will be based in Amman, Jordan and will be responsible for managing an international field team undertaking duty travel throughout the MENA region for the purposes of prescreening and supporting the adjudication of refugee case files.
\*Core Functions / Responsibilities:*****
- Provide daily management and supervision of RSC Field Team activities, including hiring, providing training and technical assistance, assigning duties and giving feedback to staff members on their performance on a regular basis to ensure high quality work and accurate completion of duties.
- Use reports to monitor the RSC MENA pipeline and coordinate circuit rides throughout the region based on pipeline numbers and mission priorities. Oversee all aspects of RSC MENA circuit rides, including preparation, processing locations, interpreters, beneficiary messaging and reporting. Take appropriate action to address processing delays in relation to circuit rides.
- Act as the primary liaison between RSC MENA and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) on circuit rides throughout the region to ensure efficient resettlement processing, and promote clear and positive communication between RSC MENA staff members and program beneficiaries during circuit rides.
- In coordination with the Project Manager and Deputy Project Manager, RSC MENA, liaise with external partners, including US Embassy staff, NGOs and UNHCR on processing throughout the MENA region.
- Collaborate with IOM Jordan, IOM Egypt and RSC MENA counterparts, including the Senior Project Officer, Iraq and the Senior Officer, Egypt, on resource management, processing and case issues.
- Coordinate relevant statistics for the purpose of generating weekly activity and other reports. Report regularly to Deputy Project Manager and Project Manager, RSC MENA on relevant activities, problems and solutions related to the workflow and processing pipeline.
- Provide technical assistance, guidance and information on changes to workflows and procedures to staff members in accordance with the Worldwide Refugee Processing System (WRAPS), USCIS, PRM Program Announcements and internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Draft Standard Operating procedures for RSC MENA circuit rides and complete site assessment and evaluation trips throughout the region.
- Represent RSC MENA at meetings as needed, including with US and UN officials. Prepare reports, briefings, background information, narratives and statistical reporting as necessary and required.
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all RSC-related information by implementing control procedures in line with USRAP standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the Deputy Project Manager of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by RSC staff members.
- Support the overall development of RSC MENA by suggesting potential improvements to processing activities.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Displays mastery of subject matter;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment;
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA);
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations;
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners;
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives.
\*Required Qualifications and Experience*****
- Master’s degree in Social Science, International Relations, Regional Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in USRAP, particularly in RSC processing activities, such as employment verification, case creation, pre-screening, USCIS adjudications support, scheduling, field support and out-processing, is essential;
- Knowledge of USRAP program implementation and familiarity with IOM's administrative, financial and business rules and practices is desirable;
- Experience planning, coordinating, overseeing and monitoring RSC circuit rides is a strong advantage;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with and lead a team;
- Demonstrated proficiency with the World Wide Refugee Admission Processing System (WRAPS);
- Excellent computer skills and a high level of proficiency in spreadsheet and database applications.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment
system, by November 18, 2015 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly filled in and submitted with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application in your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 04.11.2015 to 18.11.2015
Requisition: VN 2015/109 (P) - Senior Project Officer, Field Team (P3) - Amman, Jordan (54695894) Released
Posting: VN 2015/109 (P) - Senior Project Officer, Field Team (P3) - Amman, Jordan (54695899) Released
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Public Policy and Administration
- Operations and Administrations
- Project and Programme Management
- Operations and Administrations
- Public Policy and Administration
- Closing Date: 2015-11-18