Resource Mobilisation and Partnership Manager
- JOB TITLE: Resource Mobilisation and Partnership Manager
- REPORTS TO: Executive Secretary
- UNIT MEMBERS: Executive Secretary Office
- LOCATION: Global Secretariat in Stockholm
- SALARY CATEGORY: C: Senior Officers
The Global Water Partnership (GWP) is an intergovernmental organisation established in 1996 to support countries in their efforts to implement a more equitable and sustainable management of their water resources. The network spans 13 regions with more than 3,000 institutional Partners in 178 countries. The global secretariat is in Stockholm, Sweden. More information: www.gwp.org
SCOPE OF POSITION
The position provides strategic leadership and management for the mobilisation of sustainable funding for the Global Water Partnership and the Global Water Partnership Organisation. The incumbent will develop and apply a multi-funding approach to the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of multilateral, bilateral, corporate and philanthropic foundation prospects for funding at a global level and regional levels, as appropriate. Reporting to the Executive Secretary, the position will work closely with the management team as well as the Network Operations, Finance and Administration, and the Communications Unit to foster and maintain an effective and sustainable fundraising culture within the GWP.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the management and Executive Secretary to create a fund mobilisation strategy which explores traditional and new finance streams to increase funding in support of the strategic goals of GWP and its programmes.
- Implement the fund mobilisation strategy by developing work plans in accordance with ethical fundraising principles.
- Coordinate all fundraising activities at the global level to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved.
- Establish and maintain strong relations with a portfolio of funders and key partnerships, monitor trends in the global development funding arena and adapt fund mobilisation strategy as necessary.
- Develop policies and procedures for sustainable fundraising practices.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of funding applications to global funding agencies.
- Develop and gain approval for an annual budget for the fundraising programme.
- Develop, guide and implement a comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to its donors and key partnerships and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of GWP.
- Provide support and advice in relation to general fundraising practices to the GWPO Secretariat and the GWP Network in order to strengthen the overall fundraising capacity of GWP.
- At least 7 years’ experience in international global fundraising with demonstrated success in mobilising funding from large multilateral or bilateral funders
- A relevant degree in communications, marketing, business administration and development, or similar
- Experience working for an international organisation or development agency
- Ability to be innovative and creative
- Penchant for exploring new ways and avenues to increase supporter base and fundraising income
- Strong management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to reach fundraising targets and motivate others to achieve targets
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English. Working level knowledge of other major languages an advantage (French, Spanish, Russian, Chinese)
- Experience in fundraising techniques, especially analysis of fundraising and marketing data
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages, such as Word and Excel
- Demonstrated competence in negotiation at the highest level
- Awareness of global development trends. Knowledge of the water sector is an advantage
- Availability for overseas travel
- Organization: GWP Global Water Partnership
- Location: Stockholm
- Grade: Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- External Relations
- Closing Date: 2015-12-15