Regional Grants Manager
Regional Grants Manager
We are looking for a highly qualified and communicative individual who will be able to cooperate with our team on a regional level.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an International non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people in over 30 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Libya/Tunisia, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Turkey and a Regional Office (RO) in Amman. DRC has 17 offices and about a thousand staff members across the MENA region.
About the job
Under the direct supervision of the DRC MENA Head of Programmes (RHoP) the successful candidate will be responsible for the proposal developement, grant management and fundrairing in the MENA Region.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Programme Development: write, assist and monitor proposals and/ or concept notes as per DRC MENA grant management guidelines.
- Grant Coordination: development of grant management tools, capacity building of country grant managers/ coordinators, monitor CO compliance with Grant Management guidelines, ensure awareness of CO compliance with donors, report monthly on regional grant portfolio, ensure Grant Management System (GMS) in updates at both country and regional levels and share analysis of GMS data with regional Senior Management Team (SMT) and familiarize COs with the use of GMS.
- Representation and Fundraising: attend meetings, drafting and implementing regional fundraising strategy, represent DRC in current and potential donor meeting at regional and HQ levels (ex. Brussels & Geneva)
To be successful in this role you must have advanced university degree or equilevant in English Literature, Communication, International Relations, humanitarian/ development, Management/ Business Administration and at least 3 years of experience in international humanitarian programme development and/ or grant management. Furthermore you must have:
- At least 3 years of experience in concept-note and proposal writing,
- Direct working experience in ensuring grant compliance with donors’ regulations through training, monitoring and supporting.
- Familiarity with EC/ECHO, US, UN and UK donors is an asset,
- Experience in representation at working/cluster group level and/or regional workshops,
- Working experience in regional structures/positions,
- Excellent English writing skills,
- Strong capacity to analyze and synthetize humanitarian contexts and programme response concepts,
- Ability to design, develop and implement processes,
- Capacity to lead, manage and coordinate a team in a remote manner,
- Ability to organize and run training workshops,
- Excellent organizational skills,
- Proven interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Flexibility in working overtime when needed.
Ideally, you will also have:
- Ability to travel on a frequent basis between countries,
- Previous experience in NGOs,
- Previous experience in working with MENA region will be an asset.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 12 months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from January 2016 and be willing and able to work inAmman, Jordan.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.dk under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level A10.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact Olivier Beucher at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications sent directly toOlivier Beucher will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.dk
Interested? We only accept online applications at www.drc.dk under Vacancies >current vacancies. Click on the vacancy then on ‘Apply’ at the bottom of the windowclicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please email@example.com
Applications close 04/12/2015. The interviews are expected to take place in the following week.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Cash-Based Interventions
- Closing Date: 2015-12-04