Financial and Administrative Manager, Kenya
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS seeks a qualified Chief of Party candidate for an upcoming Electoral Assistance and Civic and Voter Education program in Kenya.
The Financial and Administrative Manager is responsible for the oversight of all operational and administrative functions for the project. The incumbent is directly accountable for ensuring that all finance, administration, procurement, grants and contracts management, logistics, IT, security and other support functions and systems are compliant with CAMRIS policies and procedures as well as all donor requirements and standards. Responsibilities include:
- Ensures the sound development, implementation, maintenance and coordination of all systems, structures, policies, procedures, rules and regulations within the finance, administrative, human resources, logistic, grants and contracts management, IT, security, and other support functions.
- Finance: Primarily responsible for the oversight of general accounting functions including accounts payables and payroll, banking, accounts receivables and tax liabilities; advising staff on financial policies and procedures; analysis and oversight of ongoing project financial transactions; preparation and analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; developing donor and management reports.
- Procurement and Subgrants: Oversees all activities related to subgrants and sub recipient contracts and agreements monitoring under donor projects, purchasing of commodities and contracting for services. Ensures that all procurement is in full compliance with CAMRIS policies and procedures and donor requirements.
- Operations: Oversees and directs the management of all facilities owned or rented pertaining to this project, including rent, utilities, space, communications, security, information technology, motor pool, domestic and international travel, and all other functions needed.
- Human Resources: Supervises all human resources functions, including recruitment and personnel systems, annual evaluation, benefits, payroll, etc. necessary for efficient project operation. Ensures smooth and efficient personnel management, gender equality and non-discrimination practices are adhered to, consistent with CAMRIS’ policies and core values, and in full compliance with local labor laws and general practices.
- Security: Responsible for the regular and continuous update of security procedures, ensures their compliance, develops map security incidents, analyses risks and security development, and in close collaboration with other relevant management staff, takes appropriate measures for the safe and secure operation and management of the project, and the safety of its personnel.
- At least seven years of previous experience providing financial, administrative, and grants management oversight for international development organizations with similar complexity is preferable.
- An appropriate advanced university degree, preferably at the Masters level in business administration, financial administration, economics or accounting.
- Ability to fully and effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, in English is required.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Organization: CAMRIS International, Inc.
- Location: Nairobi
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Finance and Banking
- Closing Date: 2016-05-06