General coordinator (M/F) - Vietnam
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 41 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, combating HIV and reducing the harm and risks associated with drug use, crises and conflicts.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of the head of unit for Eurasia, and the functional supervision of the desk (both are based in HQ), you collaborate with the desk and the head of mission (MdM volunteer) in the frame of a tryptic to define and monitor together the overall strategy of the mission.
As the general coordinator (GC), you are the representative of MdM in Vietnam and are responsible for the overall implementation of MdM project(s) in the country including strategy, programs, logistics, public relations and administration of the mission
More specifically, your main responsibilities include:
1/ Mission strategy and programme implementation
- Monitor and analyze the humanitarian, political, cultural, social and economic context
- Propose and develop an operational strategy consistent with MDM’s policies and population’s needs
- Follow up stakeholders and link up with operational and institutional partners
- Set agreements and MoU with partners involved in the project.
- Guarantee the coordination, development, monitoring and evaluation of programs implemented on the mission
- Ensure all methodological documents (log frame, M&E) are relevant and up to date
- Ensure the respect of MdM ethics, principles and commitments.
2/ Mission management
- Organize and supervise the administrative, logistic, HR and financial environment according to local rules and regulation
- Management of the national team (3) and expatriates (1).
- Support the team in the management of the program.
- Supervise a proper and fair implementation of the HR policy.
- Ensure the respect of the Vietnamese legal environment in collaboration with the administrator.
- Supervise the elaboration of the yearly budget framework and its revisions.
- Coordinate the negotiations and the drafting of the Memorandum of Understanding and of other agreements with the partners.
3/ Reporting and communication
- Ensure smooth communication and feed-back with field and HQ teams
- Coordinate the drafting and circulation of monthly reports and sitrep.
- Ensure timely and qualitative delivery of donor reports.
4/ Relations with authorities and stakeholders
- Act as the MdM-F official representative in the country for aid workers, local political and administrative authorities, the civil society and the media
- Ensure effective and qualitative collaboration with national partners of the project
- Identify fundraising opportunities
- Strengthen relationships between MDM-F and financial donor representatives
- Draft proposals and address to potential donors
- Ensure permanent analysis of the context and evaluation of risks.
- Define and adapt safety rules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 12 months
Family posting possible
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
You have an advanced university degree in humanitarian/social studies, or associated field or a combination of a first level degree and substantial experience in humanitarian work
You have an extensive experience in project coordination and team management
You are experienced in heath project management, with the knowledge on harm reduction’s approach towards drugs users is a strong asset
You have experience in developing partnership and working with local NGOs and in developing advocacy strategies
You have proven fundraising capacities
You communicate effectively to varied audiences
You can quickly build rapport with individuals and groups
You are able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
You have excellent team management skills
Fluent in English (written and spoken)
Working knowledge of French and / or Vietnamese would be an asset
- Organization: MDM - Médecins du Monde
- Location: Hanoi (Vietnam)
- Grade: Mid level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2016-02-18