Country Project Manager (Mexico) (302605-818)
Location:** Guatemala, Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua
ChildFund International is seeking to hire a Country Project Manager (Subject to Approval of Funds) with excellent level of expertise in managing complex projects with ambitious scope. The Position will be responsible for leading and managing programmatic and operational planning, implementation, and monitoring of a Canadian funded 4-year country project.
Project Planning and Implementation
- Assure that detailed planning is continuously carried out and adjusted in a timely and effective manner in accordance with project requirements.
- Accountable for project on time and quality implementation in country.
- Travels to influence areas to support project office operations and activities.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Closely monitor project performance (financial, Human Resources, programmatic, operational) and make necessary decisions using appropriate means and methods that support a continuous improvement.
- Continuously assess security and safety issues relate to the project implementation.
- Assures the M&E has access to needed information on a timely basis and in accordance with set standards and requirements.
- Supports all Evaluation activities of the project.
- Assures technical quality of the project.
- Assures effective delivery of project interventions.
- Assure that program Childfund program principles are evident in the country project. (child rights, evidence based actions, youth agency, root cause analysis, sustainability using community based approach, and partnerships).
Supervision and Support - HR
- Responsible for directly or indirectly supervising all project staff.
- Assures effective in-coordination with country office staff.
- Coordinates Steering Committee of Project assuring quality governance standards are met.
- Communicates continuously with the Regional Project Manager and or the project country staff to describe program progress and proposes alternatives/ solutions in case of poor performance or any obstacle in the implementation of the project.
Reports and Documentation
- Responsible for coordinating, organizing, and formulating required reports in accordance with project and donor requirements.
- Responds to audit findings leading to improved project performance in the country.
Relations and Influencing.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with local corporations, with emphasis on Canadian businesses.
- Cultivates relationship with other stakeholders of the project, assuring credibility and visibility.
- Proactively supports advocacy efforts of the project with local, national, and authorities and the public.
- Manages partner relationships.
- Responsible for actively looking for additional funds for the project, which will permit greater scope and impact.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain working relationships with staff at multiple levels.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and to initiate follow-through with meticulous attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluency in English and Spanish.
A minimum of five years of experience in international development directly implementing large complex projects.
Experience in grants administration/management of projects funded by foreign government aid agencies, and/ or multilateral institutions.
Working knowledge of budgeting and project management, monitoring and evaluation processes.
Familiarity with the issues of irregular migration, including extensive knowledge of child protection and violence prevention.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in nonprofit management or related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- Organization: ChildFund International
- Location: Mexico City
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Closing Date: 2016-01-22