M&E Manager, Bangladesh
For over 50 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 34 projects in 26 countries and revenues of approximately $174 million.
M&E Manager, Bangladesh
ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Manager for the anticipated USAID-funded Feed the Future Strengthening Agriculture Production and Market Systems (SAPMS) Activity. The project will be a five-year primary mechanism to support small holder productivity and market systems development under USAID/Bangladesh’s FTF strategy, with the objective of improved food security through systemic changes that increase rural incomes and – via increased incomes, including women’s income, and incentivized crop diversification – to improved nutrition. USAID/Bangladesh’s new Strengthening Agriculture Production and Market Systems (SAPMS) activity will foster growth and reduce poverty through improving the competitiveness, inclusiveness, and resilience of rice and other selected crops in the FTF Zone of Influence (ZOI) to the benefit of large numbers of men and women and their families in rural households, farms, and market systems.
• Manages monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the program.
• Ensures effective reporting, data collection, and monitoring systems are in place.
• Coordinates with program teams to develop and update the Performance Monitoring Plans and works with the donor on its implementation and updating.
• Prepares materials and facilitates training on general design, M&E concepts, skills, and tools. Provides technical assistance to ACDI/VOCA staff members and partner organization staff in the utilization and management of monitoring and impact assessment tools.
• Develops and tests instruments for data collection, and collects, analyzes, and summarizes field visits reports from program technical staff and implementing partners.
• Ensures M&E quality and standards adhere to guidelines and industry standard good practices. Recommends adjustment of policies and strategies where required.
• Tracks and analyzes project indicators and other relevant project data.
• Monitors changing needs of target population, identifies opportunities in line with mission and project strategy.
• Conducts data quality reviews to ensure that all information required for submission to donor is collected in a valid, reliable, and timely manner.
• Ensures the completion of impact assessment, baseline, midline, and endline surveys to assess the impact of the project on livelihoods.
• Actively participate in the knowledge management system to capture relevant formal and informal information that will inform decisions, support project reporting requirements and foster learning within the project.
• Master’s degree in economics, statistics, social science or related field is required.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design and operation of monitoring and evaluation systems in the international development arena, including successful report and document writing.
• Experience with project evaluations, change management, and design and facilitation of short- and long-term programs.
• Demonstrated ability to apply analytical methods practically in the complex setting of the day-to-day lives of project beneficiaries highly preferred.
• Experience managing knowledge management systems and familiarity with USAID’s CLA methodology desirable.
• Strong verbal and writing skills.
• Fluency in English required, other local languages are a plus.
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.bosmaxhire.net/cp/?E5556F361D43515B7E59192F77501E6C02627B4D. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.
- Organization: ACDI/VOCA
- Location: Dhaka
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2015-12-23