Human Resources Manager, Bangladesh
For over 50 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 34 projects in 26 countries and revenues of approximately $174 million.
Human Resources Manager, Bangladesh
ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager for the anticipated USAID-funded Feed the Future Strengthening Agriculture Production and Market Systems (SAPMS) Activity. The project will be a five-year primary mechanism to support small holder productivity and market systems development under USAID/Bangladesh’s FTF strategy, with the objective of improved food security through systemic changes that increase rural incomes and – via increased incomes, including women’s income, and incentivized crop diversification – to improved nutrition. USAID/Bangladesh’s new Strengthening Agriculture Production and Market Systems (SAPMS) activity will foster growth and reduce poverty through improving the competitiveness, inclusiveness, and resilience of rice and other selected crops in the FTF Zone of Influence (ZOI) to the benefit of large numbers of men and women and their families in rural households, farms, and market systems.
• Coordinates staff planning, recruitment, selection, and orientation. Prepares job descriptions, advertisements, and employment and consultant contracts and scopes of work. Designs and promotes gender sensitive recruitment, deployment, and retention strategies.
• Administers the compensation, performance management and benefit programs. Supports the managers in conducting performance appraisals. Manages and maintains health insurance benefits/policy and records pertaining to staff insurance and direct staff on process for preparing and submitting insurance claims. Manages settlement and clearance of all staff upon separation.
• Manages the communication of and compliance with local labor laws, cultural norms, donor requirements, and ACDI/VOCA policies. Provides training to staff as required. Alerts HQ as new regulations come into effect in country that will impact the integrity of the Employee Policy Manual (EPM).
• Manages employee relations. Provides support and guidance to program line managers to ensure all activities are compliant with ACDI/VOCA standard operating procedures. Counsels employees. Provides guidance to managers on staff issues. Addresses complaints and disputes in a confidential manner. Acquires legal advice as necessary to ensure full compliance with local labor laws.
• Establishes and maintains standard human resource management systems.
o Maintains complete and accurate confidential personnel files for all staff.
o Maintains all necessary metrics on staff within the program.
o Prepares and submits governmental reports and provides periodic HR and related issues action plans and activity reports as required.
o Monitors employee leave balances and attendance records, providing reports to supervisor upon request.
o Prepares annual holiday schedule for senior management review and approval.
• Conducts regular field visits to project offices to monitor and review personnel and administrative procedures and assist project staff, where appropriate.
• Performs other projects or duties that may be assigned from time to time.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field. Master’s degrees preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in human resources in progressively more responsible roles, a minimum of 5 years of which are at a management level.
• Experienced with an international NGO preferred.
• Knowledge of Bangladesh’s pertinent labor laws, government regulations, and legal codes and precedents.
• Knowledge of principles of human resources, including recruitment, selection, compensation and benefits, employee relations, and personnel files.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Proven ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Excellent interpersonal and listening skills. Ability to interact with all levels of staff in a professional manner.
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
• Fluency in English required, other local languages is a plus.
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.bosmaxhire.net/cp/?E5556D361D43515B7E59192F77501E6C00627B4D. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.
- Organization: ACDI/VOCA
- Location: Dhaka
- Grade: Senior
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Human Resources
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2015-12-23