MS Ladies Coordinator
Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation
￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
To further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
Job Title: MS Ladies Coordinator
Reporting to: Assistant Director – Technical Services
Duration of contract: 2 years (renewable)
Probationary period: 6 months
The MS Ladies Coordinator reports to the Assistant Director-Technical Services. S/he will provide administrative and programme support to the Assistant Director-Technical Services.
The post is part of the Programmes Operations Team which aims to deliver programmes of high impact across the majority of Nigeria’s states using four integrated channels of intervention: Social Franchise, Outreach, Sales and Marketing and Centre. Within this team the MS Ladies Coordinator uses his or her excellent understanding of clinical service delivery within a business model to develop a self-sustaining MS Ladies channel that will attract donors' interest and ensure possible funding in the future.
Key duties in relation to the responsibilities:
Strategic development of the MS Ladies channel for targeted growth and impact through increased CYPs
A highly motivated, cost effective and high performing MS Ladies network.
Business leadership: development and delivery for a sustainable network of MS Ladies franchisees
Oversight of the performance of the channel against budget, targets and donor reporting
Nos. of MS Ladies recruited and services delivered
Impact figures and cost/CYP
Staff numbers/MS Ladies
Efficiency targets met
Proposals in line with strategies and implementation on track
No of Proposal developed/funded
Accurate reports submitted on time
Strategic development of the channel for increased CYPs
• Clear on-going analysis of the situation in which MS Ladies performs and the business model needed.
• Identification of opportunities and threats for intervention given Nigeria’s context for FP and PAC
• Analysis of MSION’s strengths and weaknesses in responding to developing context and needs
• Active networking to identify allies and partners for increased impact
• Regular presentation to SMT on developing thinking and plans based on analysis of results data and team management;
– KPI - Strategic plans, Presentations and agreements
A highly motivated, cost effective and high performing MS Ladies network delivery team
• Recruitment of MS Ladies in line with funding ability
• MS Ladies development and training
• Individual performance oversight
• Explore other business ventures that will add value to MSION preposition to the MS Ladies to ensure retainership
– KPI - Org charts communicated, Team dashboard, Team targets communicated and tracked Performance
Business leadership: development and delivery for a sustainable network of MS Ladies
• Successful Proposal development for the channel integrated with others where appropriate
• Excellent delivery of work against contract requirements
• Innovative and effective delivery of a value proposition that ensures sustainable MS Ladies network (package of product deals, technical support etc)
• Ensure quality and impact is maintained de-listing (with SMT approval) where necessary
• Implementation of SOPs
– KPI - Target volume of funds met; Contract obligations met; CYP; Cost/cyp; Other Donor Specific metrics; ; Innovations; QTA scores
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• A degree in medicine/nursing/midwifery or equivalent experience in particular in relation to running a similar health delivery project
• Experience in Family Planning clinical skills will be an advantage
• Project management/development qualification will be an advantage
• Good knowledge of the health sector in Nigeria will be an important advantage
• Computer literate
• Fluent in spoken and written English
Specifically, S/he will :
- Collate monthly, quarterly and annual MS Ladies reports flowing from each regional Managers;
- Serve as contact person for all MS Ladies report with MSI;
- Produce MSION monthly MS Ladies fact sheet to track performance;
- Update MSION MIS dashboard in the reception;
- Follow up with all project managers to ensure that agreed task are delivered as scheduled;
- Manage and report periodically on the implementation of MSION annual work-plan among others.
• A first degree in medicine/nursing/midwifery or equivalent experience in public health or related discipline required
• At least four years post NYSC experience
• Experience in USAID / DFiD or other donor funded projects an asset
• Experience in project management
• Proven excellent technical oral, written, and editing abilities
• Ability to present and write for multiple audiences
• Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Ability to work well with others in team environments
• Must be able to satisfy stakeholders
• Should be able to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres
• Strong people management skills
• Strategic guidance and planning skills
Attitude / Motivation:
• Motivated personally and professionally to develop
• Willingness to travel as requested
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Tuesday 8th December 2015.MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in theapplicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Organization: Marie Stopes International
- Location: Abuja (Nigeria)
- Grade: Mid level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2015-12-08