Volunteer, Health Financing (6 months)
Founded in 2002 by President William J. Clinton, the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to strengthening integrated health systems around the world and expanding access to care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, malaria and other illnesses. Based on the premise that business oriented strategy can facilitate solutions to global health challenges, CHAI acts as a catalyst to mobilize new resources and optimize the impact of these resources to save lives, via improved organization of commodity markets and more effective local management. By working in association with governments and other NGO partners, CHAI is focused on large scale impact and, to date, CHAI has secured lower pricing agreements for treatment options in more than 70 countries. In addition, CHAI's teams are working side-by-side with over 30 governments to tackle many of the largest barriers to effective treatment and care.
CHAI currently seeks a Health Financing Volunteer to support our expanding work in health financing within Lesotho. CHAI’s Health Financing Program in Lesotho assists the Government to improve efficient utilization of financial resources for health by better understanding of financial resource flows and needs within the health sector, as well as, identify potential areas where value for money could be better maximized. The program will also support development of long-term strategies and policies towards ensuring sustainable financing for the health sector.
The Health Financing volunteer will report to the program lead and provide analytical support across multiple work-streams within the program. S/he will be a part of a team that works in close partnership with the Ministry of Health, cooperating on a regular basis with donors, partner organizations and NGOs.
The ideal candidate must have excellent communications skills and cultural sensitivity as s/he will be working closely with MoH partners. S/he must be able to manage multiple tasks and drive multiple work plans forward. S/he must exhibit a passion for results and commitment to excellence. We place great value on the following qualities: entrepreneurship, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy and work ethic.
- Support analysis of health sector funding flows and the identification of potential areas of inefficiencies, resource needs, and resource reallocation
- Support data collection on unit costs of health sector activities, as well as, conduct cost analysis and impact analysis of various health interventions
- Conduct economic analysis of policies and strategies, as well as, analysis to inform health sector prioritization processes
- Support information dissemination through generation of power point presentation slides and written reports
- Support central and district health managers on use of data for evidence-based decision making during key resource mobilization and planning processes
Any other programmatic duty as assigned by the Program Lead
Bachelor’s degree in any area related to finance and economics, public health or related degree in social sciences; plus, 1-2 years of relevant professional experience in a demanding, results-oriented environment;
Excellent problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills, including significant experience working with Ms Excel;
Strong quantitative background with significant experience conducting financial analysis on large datasets using advanced Excel formulae and functions/financial & economic modelling experience;
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and an ability to build professional relationships;
Ability to learn on the job quickly and absorb/synthesize a broad range of information
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment;
Ability to work independently on complex projects;
Ability to react quickly to ad-hoc requests while managing an existing workload;
Proficiency in English (written and oral)
- Private sector experience in corporate finance, investment banking or management consulting
- Prior experience or working knowledge of health financing highly desirable
- Master’s degree in related field
- Experience working in developing countries, particularly Sub-Saharan Africa.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/f6952s5fvv
- Organization: CHAI - Clinton Health Access Initiative
- Location: Maseru (Lesotho)
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Closing Date: 2015-12-24