Program Manager, Health Financing
Founded in 2002, by President William J. Clinton, the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to strengthening integrated health systems around the world and expanding access to care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria and other illnesses. Based on the premise that business oriented strategy can facilitate solutions to global health challenges, CHAI acts as a catalyst to mobilize new resources and optimize the impact of these resources to save lives, via improved organization of commodity markets and more effective local management. By working in association with governments and other NGO partners, CHAI is focused on large scale impact and, to date, CHAI has secured lower pricing agreements for treatment options in more than 70 countries. In addition, CHAI’s teams are working side-by-side with over 30 governments to tackle many of the largest barriers to effective treatment and care.
CHAI currently seeks a Program Manager, Health Financing to support our expanding work in health financing within Lesotho. CHAI’s Health Financing Program in Lesotho assists the Government to improve efficient utilization of financial resources for health by better understanding of financial resource flows and needs within the health sector, as well as, identify potential areas where value for money could be better maximized. The program will also support development of long-term strategies and policies towards ensuring sustainable financing for the health sector.
The Program Manager will play an important role, primarily to support critical health systems analysis required to identify inefficiencies and financial bottlenecks that may hinder the country’s progress towards Universal Health Coverage, and also to formulate strategic solutions that can be leveraged as part of the country’s health financing strategy. S/he will report to the Country Director and under minimal supervision, will be responsible for leading in-depth financial analysis and diagnostics on existing and potential health systems investments, as well as, provide critical strategic and analytical support to the government. S/he will be a part of a team that works in close partnership with the Ministry of Health, cooperating on a regular basis with partner organizations- both donors and implementing NGOs.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate excellent communications skills and display cultural sensitivity. S/he must be able to manage multiple tasks and drive multiple work plans forward, and to lead a team. S/he must exhibit a passion for results and commitment to excellence. We place great value on the following qualities: entrepreneurship, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy and work ethic.
- Perform financial/economic analysis of key health systems investments to highlight investment areas in which to maximize value for money as well as to inform high level decision making on those investments;
- Support the Ministry of Health in the identification of high impact health interventions through advanced financial analysis;
- Support the Ministry of Health to develop sustainable health system funding mechanisms/strategies that efficiently mobilize, pool and allocate financial resources across different tiers of the health sector
- Contribute to policy analysis of health financing functions in Lesotho with particular focus on pooling and purchasing functions at the national, district and health center levels to ensure health financing goals and objectives are achieved in the health system.
- Organize workshops and disseminate results of financial analysis to key stakeholders, as well as, support central and district health managers to utilize the results for evidence-based decision making.
- Build capacity of the Ministry of Health’s Planning unit on financial analysis;
- Maintain close professional relationships with counterparts in the Ministry of Health in order to ensure that the project is aligned with Ministry priorities;
- Provide team leadership to a team of 3 staff members, including quality oversight and support to their work;
- Program management responsibilities including work plan development and tracking, programmatic budgeting;
- Contribute to project reporting requirements and support coordination of the Health Financing Team;
- Collaborate with other teams within and outside the organization on projects requiring financial expertise;
- Liaise with CHAI Health Financing Global Team and contribute to global knowledge sharing;
Conduct any other programmatic duties as assigned by the Country Director.
Master’s degree in an area related to finance, economics, health or business administration with at least 3 years relevant professional experience in a demanding and results-oriented environment; or Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
Significant experience working in the private sector in the area of corporate finance, investment banking or management consulting
Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, including significant experience working with Ms Excel software
Strong written, visual and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively while addressing a broad range of audience
Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to build professional relationships and manage partnerships within a multi-stakeholder environment;
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment;
Ability to work independently on complex projects and deliver results in a timely manner;
Ability to react quickly to ad-hoc requests while managing an existing workload;
Proficiency in English (written and oral)
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/qmggxht7sc
- Organization: CHAI - Clinton Health Access Initiative
- Location: Maseru (Lesotho)
- Grade: Mid level
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Public Health and Health Service
- Operations and Administrations
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Closing Date: 2015-12-24