International Consultancy on the Revision of a Project Document
UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN’S FUND (UNICEF) in the Republic of Belarus is seeking a qualified Consultant for revision of the project document on prevention of placement of children under three years of age in residential care institutions.
Purpose of the revision of the project proposal document is to assess its coherence and conformity with relevant international approaches and best practices.
Terms of Reference for international consultant on revision of the project proposal on prevention of placement of children under three years of age in residential care institutions
1. Programme information: Belarus Country Programme 2011-2015
Outcome: System strengthening for child well-being
Output: Setting up of referral system and provision of protection services
Activity Reference: Assistance and care services for vulnerable children
2. Background and Context:
UNICEF CO in Belarus has developed in cooperation with the national counterparts the project proposal on prevention of placement of children under three years of age in residential care institutions aiming to secure the right of a child to grow up in a family environment through strengthening legal framework on prevention of the child separation, capacity development of service providers and changing social norms.
In order to ensure that the project document takes into account the international approaches in the field of child care with a special focus on children U3 and young children with disabilities it was decided to conduct a review of the proposal by an international expert.
3. Purpose of the assignment:
Revise of the project proposal document to assess its coherence and conformity with relevant international approaches and best practices.
4. Duty station: home based work
5. Supervisor: The work will be supervised by UNICEF Child Protection Specialist with the general guidance of UNICEF Deputy Representative.
6. Major tasks to be accomplished:
A consultant will be responsible for:
- Revision of the project document;
- Submission of the revised project document to UNICEF.
7. Costs of services: tbd
The revised project document taking into account the international best practices.
Estimated number of days: 4 days.
The deadline for submission of final deliverables to UNICEF is 10 December 2015.
10. Qualifications or specialized knowledge/experience required:
- University degree in Social Sciences and extensive experience, knowledge and expertise in conducting legal reviews, research and different kinds of surveys, assessments, studies, etc.;
- Thorough understanding of child rights and child protection and child care in particular systems (at least 5 to 7 years of practical experience in the field of child protection and/or children’s rights);
- Thorough understanding of the issues in the field of child care, children with disabilities;
- Experience in conducting desk reviews;
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking;
- Ability to work under tight schedule, to cope with time pressure and ability to absorb high amount of information in a short period of time, to be flexible and adapt to rapidly changing time schedule, etc.;
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing in English.
11. Procedures and logistics:
The consultant will work distantly and will provide the deliverables by e-mail.
Estimated duration of the services provision is 4 days within from December 1, 2015 to December 10, 2015. The closing date for applications is 18:00 (Minsk time), November 30, 2015. Qualified international individual consultants are requested to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “**Tender proposal U3**”. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
The application must include the following:
- A cover letter;
- A maximum 3-page CV;
- A signed P11 form (http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc);
- Fee proposal (expected honorarium including taxes and other charges). Proposals with 100% prepayment will not be taken into consideration. The maximum allowable sum of the advance payment is 30% of the fee.
Important note: Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to a reference-checking process to verify the information provided in the application.
UNICEF is a non-smoking environment. UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities to apply.
Contact person on the content, goals and objectives of the revision services is Alexander Karankevich, tel. (+375 17) 210-26-50, 210-55-89, email: email@example.com
Contact person on the issues of submission procedure is Nadzeya Lukina, Programme Assistant tel. (+375 17) 210-26-50, 210-55-89, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Library Science
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Closing Date: 2015-11-30