MEAL Manager (National Position)
Antioch | Ankara
The MEAL Manager is accountable to fulfill his/her roles and responsibilities in line with IMC’s Code of Conduct, values, principles and to report to his/her line manager on defined key performance objectives and indicators as follows
I. To ensure that adequate support is provided to planning, designing and targeting of existing and upcoming Projects/Programmes from MEAL perspectives. Including, but not limited to:; (25% time exposure)
§ Supporting programme with providing reliable evidence based data and information from the field so that programme head can design appropriate project subject lifesavings to the crisis affected people living inside Syria
§ Assist to develop the projects/Programmes specially defining the projects/programme logic with smart indicators and its broader MEAL strategy in the design phase.
§ Guide all the projects under the programme to develop annual and quarterly implementation plans.
§ Ensure the programme staff carry out different early/rapid/needs assessment/baseline surveys and studies and do analysis and validate information using appropriate tools during targeting process in an effective way for selecting the programme most vulnerable beneficiaries
§ Ensure the Programme has specific record sheets for keeping records and track of all activities and output
§ Collect regularly the information from the projects/programmes using the weekly, monthly and quarterly output and results monitoring information using appropriate methods and tools and analyze the situation and feedback to the individual projects/programme immediately the issues that need immediate attention.
§ Visit monthly at least 20-30% days to the Site Office and if accessible to projects/Programme areas to validate the activities record sheets, collecting case studies and observing the significant changes of the programme participants and strengthen the MEAL element of the projects/Programme for supporting section head and Site Coordinator with the use of MEAL findings
2. To ensure that all the projects/Programme has an MEAL system and functioning that effectively. Including, but not limited to: (20% exposure)**
§ Develop Programme Results Framework and M&E Matrix for the Projects/Programmes that ensure the annual Projects/Programmes reviews, Projects/Programme impacts and outcomes, process and lessons learnt are adequately captured.
§ Develop key questions, methods and tools for beneficiary downward accountability workshop/CRM process and ensure its practice at Programme level and adequate analysis for quality Programme planning and implementation
§ Ensure that the Programme has a computerized database using DHIS2, ComCare, ODK, MS Access (if needed) and Excel and SPSS for managing and analyzing baseline, endline and regular output and outcome monitoring data and information that projects/programme can use their regular management decisions and further programme quality improvement
§ Ensure that all Governorate has updated demographic, economic, IDPs, endemic/epidemic and social information disaggregated by sex and age group that helps to the section head and Programme Management to develop new project and Programme
· Systematic review and update the project log frames and indicators tracking sheet and monitoring mechanism of the projects/Programmes under the all Sites for adopting new ideas, definition and updated development based on the stakeholder feedback including community and field experiences
· Supporting to develop effective methodologies and tools to ensure successful implementation of Post Distribution Monitoring system, Wellbeing and Client Satisfaction Survey for Health, Protection, WASH and MHPSS programme and quality reporting
3. To ensure the Programme and Partner staff are trained and confident in using the developed MEAL System; methods and tools. Including, but not limited to: (5% Exposure)**
§ Develop plans for capacity building of all staff that is responsible for M&E and data collection with maintaining strong collaboration with Expat MEAL Managers
§ Organize MEAL training to the field staff, partners to enhance their capacity in DHIS2, ComCare and overall M&E through a participatory process and also provide regular post training follow up, coaching and mentoring support.
§ Provide support to the project staff and Partners to ensure that they are regularly reporting the outcomes, and impact on beneficiaries through the agreed MEAL process.
4. To ensure the MEAL findings and learning of the programme are appropriately documented and disseminated at the different levels. Including, but not limited to: (20% exposure)**
§ Assisting to develop methods and tools for Annual Participatory Programme review, Accountability and learning reflection workshop/meeting for capturing learning and indication of outcome and impact changes of the targeted communities and disseminating to all level stakeholders
§ Preparing MEAL report regularly that captures outcomes, impacts and process of the projects/programme for all Sites and recommends the points that need immediate actions and attention by the Programme Management.
§ Disseminating the finding during weekly meeting in different sites, project/programme level, review meeting at partner level as well.
§ Prepared document on MEAL key findings using local language and sharing with the programme participants and other key stakeholders
5. To ensure that the evaluations, research, feasibility studies, cases studies are appropriately carried out. Including, but not limited to: (20% exposure)**
§ Assist to develop methods and tools for diagnostic study identifying the reason of achievement gaps at the Project/Programme and in different sites considering the local context
§ Assist MEAL Coordinator and Programme to prepare ToR for baseline and end line study, feasibility study, midterm and final evaluation, and thematic evaluation of the programme
§ Actively involved with a team for playing important roles in internal midterm and final evaluation of IMC’s Project and Programme when necessary
§ Identifying the issue based action research topics and undertakes such research as and when necessary.
§ Supporting the project staff to find out case studies (at the beneficiary and community and camp level) and feed such case studies/Most Significant Change stories to the reporting desk and disseminating processed learning with other programme staff as well.
6. As a member of MEAL team, to work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure excellence within IMC's work is captured, promoted and disseminated. Including, but not limited to: (5 Exposure)
§ Maintaining regular coordination with MEAL staff and organized meeting and workshops with ensuring all relevant logistic supports
§ Participating actively in MEAL coordination meeting, team planning and other meetings, working to set common objectives and goals and striving to ensure these are successfully achieved.
§ Supporting colleagues to ensure CHS Standards and all outstanding aspects of IMC work are identified, promoted and shared both within programme and also within IMC ERT Turkey Programme
§ Enabling a friendly collaborative working culture within the team, actively sharing information and Knowledge to enable the team ensuring effective learning and sharing across the organization
§ Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
7. Supervise and manage Field Officer and MEAL Assistants to ensure quality data collection, supervise field monitoring, data entry for different studies, IDPs movement update, weekly, monthly and quarterly Output and Outcome progress tracking and preparing other documents but not limited to: (5% Exposure)
§ Regularly check as sample basis data entry with relevance check in computer entered by Data Management Consultant and MEAL Assistants
§ Providing regular feedback and coaching to improve the quality data collection, data entry and field monitoring minimizing error and strengthening MEAL works
§ Ensure Data Management Consultant and MEAL Assistants are regularly updating monitoring data, security updates and other relevant data based on information from the field
§ Ensure weekly, monthly and quarterly process, activities and output progress are adequately and appropriately maintained
§ Ensure all required logistics and administrative supports to Data Management Consultants, Field Officers and MEAL Assistants so that they can perform well responsibilities
§ Ensure annual performance appraisal of responsible Field Officers and MEAL Assistants in time with appropriate feedback and human development supports
§ At least 1-2 years progressively responsible work experience in the area of M&E with Humanitarian organizations.
§ Competent in using computer software particularly DHIS2, ComCare, ODK or any other relevant spreadsheet and SPSS database
§ Competent in using qualitative data collection tools and technique such as PRA and participatory Monitoring and Evaluation (PME)
Skills & Competencies Required:
· Good knowledge in M&E, Accountability and Learning
· Good facilitation and analytical skills
· Good knowledge in Computer Programme specially spreadsheet and mobile based data management,
· Good understanding of Community development approach
· Good English, Arabic/Turkish language skills
· Good technical knowledge on participatory research approach
· Good and positive attitude and adaptability in new learning
· Good and positive in working as a team
· Adherence to organizational policy, Core Humanitarian Standards and etc
· Good professionalism in transparency and accountability
· Good in motivational skills and dealings with other colleagues and stakeholders
· Thoroughness, creativity and good report writing skills
· At least graduate with major Sociology, Statistics, Economics, Bachelor of Public Health, Computer Science, Bachelor in Agriculture, English Literacy or any other relevant subject
Applications should include a detailed CV and a cover letter should be submitted in English with the subject title to following email address, respectively:
- Organization: IMC - International Medical Corps
- Location: Antioch | Ankara
- Grade: Junior
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2015-12-15