MULU/Worksite -Clinical Network Service Officer
Metema and Humera | Addis Ababa
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
Position Title: MULU/Worksite -Clinical Network Service Officer
Required Number: 2 (two)
Reports to: MULU Worksite Program Manager
Place of work: Mettema and Humera
Duration of Contract: Indefinite Period based on performance and availability of fund
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale plus other PSI/E staff benefits.
Application Deadline: December 11, 2015
PSI is a leading global health organization with programs in 67 countries targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world's most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives. PSI's core values are a belief in markets and market mechanisms for sustained impact; results and a strong focus on measurement; speed and efficiency with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy; decentralization and staff empowerment at the local level; and a long term commitment to the people we serve. For more information, please visit www.psi.org.
PSI/Ethiopia, an affiliate of Population Services International, has developed national results-based programs in HIV prevention, reproductive health and child survival. Through evidence-based social marketing and health communications, PSI/Ethiopia strengthens public and private sector partners to help Ethiopia’s most vulnerable people to lead healthier lives. PSI/Ethiopia is currently looking for qualified candidates for MULU/Worksite Clinical Network Service Officer position.
PSI/Ethiopia is currently looking for MULU/Worksite Clinical Network Service Officer to be based in Mettema and Hummera. Details of the position is present below.
Under the supervision of MULU/Worksite Program Manager, the Clinical Network Service Officer will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of standard operating procedures and quality assurance standards at a network of public, NGO and worksite clinics delivering integrated HTC, STI, Family Planning (FP) services and condom programming. S/he is also responsible for the facilitation of external quality assurance with Regional Health Bureaus (RHB) and laboratories, training, onsite capacity building and supervision of outreach events, and commodity quantification and distribution (condom, test kits, STI treatment kits). S/he makes up to 30% travel to/from their site to provide technical support to other worksites as needed. This position is seconded to World Learning office stationed at area offices.
· Support the strengthening of HTC, STI, RH services and referral system at MULU/Worksite service delivery points and assist in the coordination of commodity supplies in all operational sites;
· Identify and support the training and supervision of worksite clinic service providers to implement standard operating procedures for integrated friendly HTC, STI and RH services;
· Ensure compliance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and clinical standards including proper placement of algorithms at the worksites clinics;
· Assist in facilitation of joint clinical technical review meetings and experience sharing meetings with partners and worksite service providers;
· Contribute to the worksite monthly, quarterly and annual workplan development;
· Assist in the facilitation of external quality assurance with RHB and laboratories and internal quality assurance for onsite clinical service delivery;
· Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports to immediate supervisor;
· Facilitate the provision of necessary materials, commodities (condoms, test kits and STI treatment kits) other supplies to worksites and service providers according to the MULU standards and follow-up proper utilization in all level of service delivery outlet.
· Enhance the coordination of combination prevention activities by closely working with World Learning MULU/Worksite team and onsite Regional Coordinators;
· Carryout all regular programmatic biomedical data collection, data compilation and submission to the Regional Coordinators and Worksite Manager.
· Support the planning and execution of cross-functional supportive supervision and data quality audits among all partners within the site and region as needed.
· Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
This Job Description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities that are required of the employee. The precise duties and responsibilities of any job may be expected to change over time.
· BSc in Clinical Nursing, Public Health or related field.
· 3 years of experience on HTC, STI, FP and quality assurance.
TECHNICAL AND OTHER SKILLS
· Computer application skill.
· Communications skill.
· Fluency in English and Amharic.
· Knowledge of combination prevention is a plus.
· Experience working with coordination of private network facilities. . Familiarity with condom programming approach is additional advantage.
Interested and qualified applicants can send their application to the following mailing address before/on December 11, 2015.
HR Department, Application for Clinical Network Services Officer position
P.O.Box 468 code 1250
Applicants can also apply through www.ethiojobs.com, www.ethiocv.com or drop applications to the receptionist at our Head Office located at Bole Medhanealem area, around Edna Mall Cinema, in front of Harmony Hotel. No Phone calls please.
Applicants are expected to submit updated CV with cover letter and copies of all other education and work certificate credentials.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
- Organization: PSI - Population Services International
- Location: Metema and Humera | Addis Ababa
- Grade: Mid level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2015-12-11