Head of Programmes – Start Network
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
We are seeking an energetic and dynamic individual to join us as Head of Programmes and oversee our Start Network. Whilst helping with the design and evolution of operational work streams, you will be in a leadership position in a dynamic, fast moving and rapidly evolving organisation.
The Start Network is a consortium of 24 leading NGOs collaborating to connect people in crises to the best possible solutions. Hosted and incubated by Save the Children, the Network intends to become independent during 2016. This role will be part of the Start Network Team and you will have a direct impact on the delivery of our services.
As our Head of Programmes, you will assume overall responsibility for the successful delivery of the Start Network operational programmes, whilst aiding the design and evolution of the way that the network handles future operational responses. You will also:
• Lead the Programme Managers and Coordinator to ensure the successful delivery, reporting and conclusion of the programmes
• Oversee the successful delivery of the MEL Programmes by working with members, the Head of Evidence and the Start Leadership Team
• Work closely with donors to develop further funding streams for existing programmes and for further Network infrastructure and programme development
• Promote the vision and purpose of the Start Network to Start members, donors, other INGOs, UN agencies, Red Cross, Private Sector and Academics in HQ, country and regional offices.
• Take responsibility for advertising, shortlisting and recruiting new staff as needed
To be successful as Head of Programmes, you will have extensive experience in operational coordination and of managing staff. You should come from a humanitarian background and be motivated by working collaboratively. An effective leader who can enthuse a team and take the initiative, you must also have strong business and communication skills. You will also need:
• Demonstrable experience of successful reporting
• Demonstrable experience of leading in complex and adaptive systems
• Experience of strategic planning and strategic development
• The ability to maintain attention to detail whilst balancing competing priorities
• Demonstrable experience of brokering productive and healthy partnerships.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 18th December 2015
To apply please click here: https://jobs.savethechildren.org.uk/vacancy/head-of-programmes--start-network-2084/2110/description/
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: London
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Disaster Management (Preparedness, Resilience, Response and Recovery)
- Operations and Administrations
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2015-12-18