Development Programmes Coordinator (Maternity Cover)
About Plan International
Plan International is a child-centred NGO working in 51 developing countries. With an emphasis on long term sustainable development and emergency response, Plan International assists children and their communities across a range of programmes in areas such as education, child protection, livelihoods and child protection.
Established in 2003, Plan International Ireland is a dynamic organisation that supports Plan International’s work worldwide. Funding is received from a variety of sources including through the public via child sponsorship, Irish Aid, EU, ECHO, UN bodies, trusts, foundations, trade unions and corporate firms.
Plan International Ireland engages in both long term development and humanitarian work. It’s an exciting time to join a young, growing organisation.
The Development Coordinator will lead a dynamic team to manage and grow a diverse portfolio of child- centred development programmes.
Reporting to the Head of Programmes, you will be a senior manager in the Programme Department and will play an active role in the delivery of Plan Ireland’s programme strategy.
You will have a strong background in institutional funding and programme management, as well as being able to demonstrate an ability to manage and motivate a diverse team.
- Portfolio Management: implement donor strategy and ensure appropriate systems are in situ to manage, grow and diversify our grant portfolio.
- Donor Relations: Manage and build strong relationships with our key donors, including ensuring high quality reporting and programme delivery.
- Programme Quality: Ensure all our programmes are of appropriate, innovative and high standard – from proposal execution to programme implementation and review.
- Team Management: Ensure Plan International Ireland’s development team is fit for purpose and has the relevant knowledge, systems and skill-sets to support the implementation of quality programmes, and to influence policy and advocacy.
- Learning:Promote a culture of managing for results and outcome monitoring so that the real changes in children's lives are captured, promoted, shared and used in learning.
- Coordination: Build relationships with other Plan International National Offices for joint programming, harmonised approaches, match funding, donor positioning, etc.
- Lead the development team in the implementation of Plan International Ireland's programme strategy, adopting an innovative, solution-based approach to portfolio management and growth.
- Manage and build a team of development professionals, ensuring effective performance management.
- Manage the development budget
- Identify and prioritise funding opportunities from new and existing donors by monitoring calls for proposals, meetings, brokering of partnerships etc.
- Develop and sustain key funding relationships in Ireland and overseas, particularly in relation to Irish Aid.
- Oversee the production and submission of high quality proposals to donors.
- Support the planning and management of institutional funding income through strong systems management and tracking of our grant portfolio.
Programme Delivery, Contract Management and Report
- Provide strong, strategic oversight of Plan International Ireland's thematic priorities, including the monitoring and delivery of key results-based indicators.
- Manage technical support requirements, and bring in additional technical support as required, to ensure Plan International Ireland delivers effective programmes.
- Ensure the production and submission of high quality reports to ensure compliance with all contracts and funding agreements.
- Support the monitoring of programmes, lesson learning, and information sharing to strengthen programme delivery.
- Contribute actively to networks such as Plan International's EU Grants Team and other technical networks both within and outside of Plan International.
- Represent Plan International Ireland at relevant Plan International fora e.g. EU, HQ, Regional Offices, Programme and Grant Units, etc.
- Conduct regular field visits to partner countries as necessary.
- Relevant third level qualification
- Senior management experience within the development sector
- Minimum six years relevant experience (incl. overseas development and humanitarian experience)
- Experience of working with a portfolio of donors
- In-depth understanding of the programme/project cycle, the childs-right approach and results based programming.
- Financial acumen
- Staff management experience
- Excellent proposal writing and project design skills
- Fluency in French.
- Knowledge of working in West Africa and/or Asia.
- Current remuneration (salary + benefits)
- Desired salary / remuneration - please advise of minimum salary required and expected benefits
- Notice period (in weeks and/or months)
Closing Date: 14 December 2015
Send CV with cover letter answering filter questions (ablove) to HR@plan.ie. To discuss the role in confidence feel free to call Suzanne Keatinge, Head of Programmes, on 087 1221752.
Please visit: http://www.plan.ie/stories/development-programmes-coordinator-maternity for more information.
- This document is not intended to be an exhaustive job description - it serves only as an overview of the role.
- Plan International Ireland regrets that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in relation to their application.
Garda checks and clearance are essential prior to job offer as part of our child protection
- Organization: Plan International
- Location: Dublin
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Operations and Administrations
- Operations and Administrations
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2015-12-14