COUNTRY DIRECTOR - KRG IRAQ
Erbil | Baghdad
The position: The Country Director is responsible for overseeing the development, funding and implementation of the country strategy and the growth of program portfolio in line with ACF's values (Charter), Programming Principles, and Strategy. More specifically the CD is responsible to:
- Lead the preparation, updating, implementation of the Country strategy appropriate for the country and regional context and in line with the ACF vision and mission.
- Oversee mission’s programming to ensure the effective and efficient design, implementation and evaluation of ACF's programs and projects
- Develop and enhance relationships between the mission and donors’ representatives, civil society, private sector, government agencies and other organizations, acknowledging diversity as an asset of the humanitarian community, so that ACF can maximize its impact on malnutrition and its prevention
- Lead the preparation, regular updating and implementation of the security plan in line with ACF standards and procedures
- Oversee the management and development of mission’s human resources and create a shared vision, among all staff, of ACF's values and program's aims and their role in achieving these
- Oversee and direct the appropriate mobilization, use and management of financial and logistic resources in the mission in line with ACF policies and donor requirements
- Key actor between the field and HQ, the Country Director contributes to maintain good working relationships with HQ by complying with information demands and using HQ’s expertise to optimize the country’s strategy implementation.
You have a master’s degree or equivalent. You have a minimum working experience of 10 years in the private or public sector, including minimum 3 years’ experience with humanitarian NGOs in similar role. You have a solid experience in representation, liaison with ACF stakeholders and excellent communication skills considering the current situation in the country, the person should have a strong expertise and work capacity in volatile and unsecure working environment. A strong capacity for complex needs analysis and humanitarian programming strategy should also be demonstrated. Good proficiency in English (written, spoken). Kurdish is an advantage.
Competitve salary offered up to 5000 euros per month (depending on experiences and with a UK contract-) + family status (including private Guest House)
To apply, please visit our website at : http://recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org/positions/view/1535/A-COUNTRY-DIRECTOR-KRG-IRAQ/
- Organization: ACF - Action against Hunger/Action Contre la Faim
- Location: Erbil | Baghdad
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2015-12-31