Supply Chain Manager -CAR
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 12 months
The Supply Chain Manager in Save the Children International (SCI) Central Africa Republic (CAR) will be accountable for the development and delivery of a supply chain strategy for SCI CAR, and for increasing the reach of the CAR programmes through effective and optimised Supply Chain models, which can deliver on needs in varying contexts.
He/She will ensure that, while increasing effectiveness and optimisation in SCI supply chains, Save the Children will be able to manage costs efficiently whilst delivering high quality goods and services to our programmes, and procurement processes are compliant with the requirements of SCI's major institutional and corporate donors across the country.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for managing a Supply Chain team based in Bangui procuring up to USD$1M annually; supporting the implementation of all SCI procurement policies and controls within their scope of influence; providing technical support and guidance to SCI CAR field offices on their Supply Chain Strategies; ensuring that SCI supply chain tools are fit for purpose for all SCI CAR field offices and contexts and that SCI CAR field offices have access to appropriate logistics tools and systems to manage the demands of their supply chains; supporting the professionalization of supply chain staff across SCI CAR in cooperation with internal and external actors across the sector.
This role will also involve building the profile of the SCI CAR Supply Chain team within the Save the Children, and networking with peers both within and outside the sector to further develop and understand the Humanitarian Supply Chain models required in the various contexts in which we work. This position will also involve acting up deputy to the Head of Logistics, and traveling up to 30% of the time in order to deliver on the demands of this position.
Qualifications and experience
- Masters in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or similar
- Demonstrated experience in successful development and implementation of a logistics and supply chain strategy and infrastructure for a global operation
- Field level experience in managing complex supply chains for INGOs in international development and emergency programmes
- Knowledge of key institutional donors and their compliance requirements in respect of logistics and procurement
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Solid project management skills related to organisational development projects
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies including travelling at short notice and for extended periods of time
- Working knowledge of English is an advantage
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English or French using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'Fsy.email@example.com'
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Bangui
- Grade: N/A
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Supply Chain and Service delivery
- Closing Date: 2015-12-15