IDEA Administration Analyst
Baltimore | Washington D.C
Position Title: IDEA Administration Analyst
Department/Country: Institutional Donor Engagement and Advancement (IDEA)
Reports To: Vice President, IDEA Department
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
The IDEA Administration Analyst position provides administrative and programmatic assistance to the Vice President of the Institutional Donor Engagement and Advancement (IDEA) department and her department. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience supporting executive leadership, taking initiative, presentation formatting and desktop publishing skills, event planning experience, calendar management and strong attention to detail. Expert verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail are critical traits.
The primary responsibilities will include supporting department activities and information sharing, such tasks as preparing reports and presentations, and monitoring budgets and other financial matters. You will be responsible for coordinating projects that may involve working with all levels of internal management and staff. The Administration Analyst will also be responsible for managing the executive's calendar and meetings. The daily routine of an Administration Analyst is rarely the same from day to day, and varies significantly depending on the priorities of the department. You might take meeting minutes, write and format reports, design graphics, prepare correspondence and prioritize items that need attention. Another day one may prepare expense reports, reconcile credit card statements or submit billing information. You also may be tasked with developing reports or representing the agency at various events. The Administration Analyst also exercises a great deal of discretion, as you may frequently be provided with highly confidential information.
The attributes required to be successful as Administration Analyst include being extremely efficient, organized, curious about new information and resourceful. The position requires exemplifying professionalism and a positive image. As the department representative, you must be punctual and timely in completing assigned tasks. This will be a flexible and deadline driven environment. The position offers a window into all aspects of the organization, and is a perfect perch to learn executive leadership and operational efficiency. The IDEA Department includes cross-disciplinary teams of business development, award management, and relationship management specialists organized around high-priority public and foundation donors and corporate partners. The department leads CRS' strategic engagement with priority public donors and provides specialized services to help CRS acquire, manage, and steward resources and relationships.
The Administration Analyst will support the Vice President and the IDEA staff in the following activities:
- Assist in the analysis, preparation and submission of donor proposals, reports and award documents via donor management information systems and email.
- Review and prepare program files for compliance and completeness in coordination with public donor staff.
- Helps plan and coordinate the logistics of meetings and events, internally at headquarters and for visitors and field-based staff.
- Manage visits by high ranking external guests.
- Coordinate department schedules and monitor travel calendars.
- Monitor Executive's calendar and signature approval process.
- Monitor department budgets, support financial management as needed
- Lead onboarding activities for new employees.
- Coordinate department-wide information sharing.
- Liaise with other departments including Human Resources, Global IT, and others
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Support department responses to internal stakeholders like Global Finance and the executive leadership team.
- Prepare presentations to internal and external audiences including proofreading reports and developing graphics.
- Manage administrative needs of consultant and interns.
- Maintain confidentially of critical department information including financial and personnel matters.
- Other duties as requested.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.*
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Overseas Operations, US Operations, Charitable Giving, Impact Investing, Finance
External: US Government Agencies, Foreign Government, UN, Foundations, and Corporations
Ideal candidates have the following qualifications beyond the attributes listed above:
- Bachelor's degree, master's degree preferred.
- Strong communication skills, able to edit and proofread documents.
- Strong visualization skills, including desktop publishing and artistic presentation skills.
- At least two years of relevant professional experience.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience working overseas.
- Foreign language skills.
- Exemplify professionalism.
- Ability and willingness to travel outside the United States.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. Equal Opportunity Employer
- Organization: CRS - Catholic Relief Services
- Location: Baltimore | Washington D.C
- Grade: Junior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-01-02