Finance Manager, Bangladesh
For over 50 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 34 projects in 26 countries and revenues of approximately $174 million.
Finance Manager, Bangladesh
ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking a Finance Manager for the anticipated USAID-funded Feed the Future Strengthening Agriculture Production and Market Systems (SAPMS) Activity. The project will be a five-year primary mechanism to support small holder productivity and market systems development under USAID/Bangladesh’s FTF strategy, with the objective of improved food security through systemic changes that increase rural incomes and – via increased incomes, including women’s income, and incentivized crop diversification – to improved nutrition. USAID/Bangladesh’s new Strengthening Agriculture Production and Market Systems (SAPMS) activity will foster growth and reduce poverty through improving the competitiveness, inclusiveness, and resilience of rice and other selected crops in the FTF Zone of Influence (ZOI) to the benefit of large numbers of men and women and their families in rural households, farms, and market systems.
• Ensures all project financial transactions are allowable, reasonable and allocable and within the established financial management policies of ACDI/VOCA and Donor.
• Oversees preparation of annual budgets in collaboration with key program staff; responsible for contracts/sub-grantees, procurement activities; monitors project budget; facilitates monthly internal budget/programming and exchange of information among staff.
• Leads preparation of overseas cash accountability reports for all project transactions and ensures timely submission to HQ.
• Updates Accounting and Finance Manual as necessary in coordination with HQ.
• Provides technical assistance on financial management to partners or sub-grantee, if requested.
• Manages cash flow funds to assure fund availability for programmed project activities.
• Provides oversight to junior level financial and office operations staff.
• Provides assistance and coordination during periodic financial audits.
• Oversee procurement of project equipment based on ACDI/VOCA Procurement Guidelines.
• Prepare monthly tracking sheets reflecting allowable costs vs. actual expenditures.
• Master’s degree in accounting, business, or finance preferred; minimum of bachelor’s degree required.
• A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in accounting and financial management on complex development projects with international organizations.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills in accounting, financial management and procurement systems is required.
• Demonstrated knowledge and extensive experience management and control systems, especially grant management.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, strong negotiation, diplomacy, and team work skills.
• Sound working knowledge of information technology; experience in the usage of office software programs (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance comprehension of spreadsheet and database programs.
• Good written and spoken English required.
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.bosmaxhire.net/cp/?E5556F361D43515B7E59192F77501E6D01627B4D. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.
- Organization: ACDI/VOCA
- Location: Dhaka
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Finance and Banking
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2016-01-02