Operations Manager, Latin America and the Caribbean
Chemonics seeks a Operations Manager to support the Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) Region. The Operations Manager will manage regional portfolio to ensure best practices in project management as well as proper staffing and resource requirements for the LAC regional business unit. Our regional portfolio includes projects in a wide range of technical sectors with an equally diverse new business market. The Operations Manager will assume a pivotal position on the Operations team, working closely with home and field office staff, liaising with support units, other regions and practices, managing staff, conducting short-term field assignments, undertaking new business assignments, and managing other tasks as requested. The successful candidate will have a strong team spirit, attention to detail, and the capacity to build strong internal networks and represent Chemonics effectively to external stakeholders.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world and demonstrate leadership, versatility, and integrity in their work.
• Coordinate all regional operations, including talent management, staffing and resourcing, performance management, staff recognition and events, and regional and portfolio management, including budgeting, financial management, and performance reporting
• Support quarterly reporting to the Executive Office and staffing budget preparation
• Manage staffing and resource requirements within region as an expert resource for home-office and field-office recruitment and portfolio/project resourcing
• Support senior vice president and operations director in ensuring regional portfolio is well-managed by participating in regular check-in meetings with project management units and providing support to project management units, as needed
• Support project startups and closeouts through sharing best practices, linking proposal and new project teams, and ensuring proper resourcing
• Coordinate project resourcing/staffing and supports new business staffing to ensure appropriate resource allocation and workload balance
• Bachelor's degree in international development or relevant technical field, or equivalent work experience; master's degree a plus
• Minimum three years of experience in international development
• Two years of USAID contract management and/or proposal preparation experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise department staff, multiple project teams, and other initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing, and lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings
• Strong writing and interpersonal skills
• Ability and willingness to travel and work overseas a minimum four to eight weeks per year
• Experience in Latin America a plus
• Spanish fluency required
Application Instructions: Apply through our Career Center at https://www1.apply2jobs.com/Chemonics/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.SearchJobs by Thursday, December 10, 2015. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will received consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the position's essential functions.
- Organization: Chemonics
- Location: Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Operations and Administrations
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Operations and Administrations
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2015-12-10