Internship in Gender Based Violence in Humanitarian Settings
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, delivers a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA partners with governments, other United Nations agencies, communities, NGOs, foundations and the private sector to raise awareness and mobilize the support and resources to achieve its mission. The Geneva Office is active in intergovernmental and interagency relations in the areas of health, human rights, and humanitarian affairs.
The UNFPA Geneva Office is currently seeking an intern, to start 10 January 2015.
Under the direct supervision of the GBV AoR of Responsibility (AoR) Coordinator of the UNFPA Office in Geneva, the GBV AoR Intern will:
- Assist in the GBV AoR’s work to lead and coordinate GBViE prevention and response activities globally, regionally and locally, including interaction with relevant Government, UN and NGO partners as required.
- Assist the GBV AoR in providing coordination, logistics and other support requested for internal and external GBV AoR meetings including; the GBV AoR monthly membership call, bi-monthly REGA Calls, bi-weekly Strategic Advisory Group (SAG) Calls, etc.
- Assist in research and analysis to formulate concept notes, background papers, briefing notes, presentations, policy papers, press releases, public information material, project revisions and new proposals in the field of gender-based violence, within the framework of relevant United Nations conventions.
- Assist the GBV AoR’s contributions to relevant Interagency Task Forces, working groups and mechanisms.
- Assist with the preparation and implementation of briefings, advocacy events, meetings, conferences and retreats such as the 2016 GBV AoR Retreat, monthly GBV AoR membership meetings,
- Other activities and functions as assigned by the GBV AoR Coordinator.
Candidates should be enrolled in an advanced degree programme in women’s rights, social sciences, international relations, law or similar subjects and show a strong interest in the field of human rights related to sexual and reproductive health and rights. Candidates should be fluent in English. Fluency in French is strongly desirable.
Location of internship: UNFPA
International Environment House
Chemin des Anémones, 11-13
Length of internship: 3-6 months
Applications (letter, detailed CV) in English should be sent via email by 14 December 2015 to: email@example.com.