Protection Program Manager
urfa | Ankara
We are looking for a highly motivated and qualified individual to have overall responsibility to management and implementation of protection activities across DRC Turkey program.
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an International non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people worldwide. DRC has been operating in Turkey since early 2013, working with by and large with non-camp Syrian refugees and affected host communities. DRC Turkey program, headquartered in Antakya, currently have 12 expatriate staff and more than 200 national employees – based at the DRC office located in 3 different areas throughout the country.
The country funding for 2016 is expected between USD 10 and 15 million, with about 20% for protection activities. Main donors are: DANIDA, ECHO, UNHCR, UNICEF, DFID, and PRM.
About the job
The position of protection program manager requires to manage multiple donors and to ensure harmonisation across different set of activities. The protection programme is focused on enhancing the protection related capacities within already existing DRC supported community centres through enhanced information and counselling services. Additionally, the program also aims at broadening the capacity for awareness rising in communities surrounding the centres. The programme intends to work with the already existing centres and possible new locations; hence, the position expects to provide technical and managerial oversight.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Represent DRC on protection issues with relevant donors, working groups etc.
· Liaise with local authorities, NGOs and other stakeholders to ensure complementarity and smooth implementation of programme;
General Programming & operations
· Ensure effective and quality management and implementation of multiple donor grants;
· Supervise and oversee all activities in line with DRC operational and programmatic requirements;
· Report weekly, monthly and quarterly on ongoing achievements and challenges;
· Train protection staff, including providing training to volunteers on general protection concepts, practices and minimum standards including child protection and sexual and gender based violence (SGBV);
· Guide protection staff in how to work with capacity building of volunteers, including on culturally sensitive topics;
· In coordination with the Protection Advisor, finalize guidelines and standard operational protocols for emergency assistance and other protection related interventions;
· In coordination with the Protection Advisor, develop and support referral mechanisms in each location (both internal and external);
Monitoring & Evaluation
· Ensure/facilitate monitoring of the project;
· Facilitate evaluation of the programme internally;
Finance, Procurement and Administration
· Follow up and monitor projects budget in line with DRC procedures and guidelines;
· Review and authorise programme financial documents, including reviewing vouchers and supporting documentation, including that of local partner;
Fundraising / programme development
· Based on a solid understanding of needs and gaps of DRC’s beneficiaries, suggest and propose and contribute to new concepts and ideas to the management and donors;
· Ensure DRC Turkey program is compliant with DRC accountability principles like HAP, CHS, etc.,
To be successful in this role you must have:
· Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification in international human rights, law, sociology, social work, political science or other relevant field;
· At least 3 years of proven international experience in humanitarian protection, advocacy work, and refugee law, with minimum 2 years in a specific protection position;
· Strong budget management and donor reporting experience;
· Fluency in the English language, both written and verbal. Knowledge of Turkish and/or Arabic are assets;
· Capable of leading teams – strong management experience, including working with, mentoring and monitoring local partners;
· Familiarity with community-based protection programming and ability to incorporate lessons learned from other similar experiences;
· Proven analytical and writing skills;
· Proven communication, interpersonal, representation, negotiation, promotion and diplomacy skills;
· Able and willing to travel to project locations on a regular basis;
· High-level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required;
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 12 months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from Feb 01, 2016 and be willing and able to work in Urfa, Turkey with extensive field trips.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.dk under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level A11.
Interested? We only accept online applications at www.drc.dk under Vacancies >current vacancies. Click on the vacancy then on ‘Apply’ at the bottom of the windowclicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close January 03, 2016. The interviews are expected to take place in first week of January 2016.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact Martine Villeneuve at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications sent directly to Martine Villeneuve will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.dk
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: urfa | Ankara
- Grade: Mid level
- Legal - International Law
- Legal - Broad
- Human Rights
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Civil Society
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Closing Date: 2016-01-03