Preparedness Programmes Officer – Start Network
London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
Fixed-term contract, 1 January 2016 – 31 December 2016*
As our proactive, organised and collaborative Preparedness Programmes Officer you'll seamlessly support the delivery of a broad and complex portfolio of preparedness and response programmes, efficiently carrying out administrative duties and getting involved in representation, report writing, liaison and partner collaboration.
You'll be working as part of the Start Network, a consortium of 24 leading NGOs collaborating to connect people in crises to the best possible responses. Hosted and incubated by Save the Children, the Network intends to become independent during 2016. This role provides the postholder with an opportunity to get involved in a dynamic and rapidly evolving organisation, working on multiple fronts in groundbreaking areas.
Your primary focus will be the Disasters Emergency Preparedness Programme (DEPP) which works across 11 countries and delivers £27m worth of preparedness and capacity building projects. You will also work on the Ebola Preparedness Programme, an important £7m four country initiative in West Africa. Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the DEPP Programme Manager and Ebola Regional Programme Manager to deliver these vital Start Network initiatives, implementing and maintaining smooth and effective administrative processes.
- Compiling and writing quarterly DEPP reports, analysing key narrative data and with the Finance Officer analysing variance.
- Capturing and disseminating learning from programmes, encouraging the sharing of and engaging with materials through social media.
- Setting up meetings, taking minutes and making travel arrangements.
- Identifying opportunities for representation, influencing and thought leadership.
To be successful, you’ll preferably come from a project administration background, ideally with overseas experience working in complex and dynamic humanitarian situations. You’ll thrive in a fast-paced environment where competing priorities are the norm. You'll relish opportunities for collaboration, will be able to take the lead where required and will additionally have:
- Demonstrable experience of embracing new approaches, technology and ways of working.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to form robust, effective relationships within and across organisational boundaries.
- A track record of exemplary administration, including record-keeping and retrieval, and accurate and concise minute-taking and action-noting.
- Financial nous, including budget management and creation.
- Reporting skills, and confident all-round business and communication skills.
In return, we can offer you a challenging and stretching career move, and an opportunity to work alongside inspiring colleagues and a fascinating suite of programmes.
Closing Date: 18th December 2015
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Disaster Management (Preparedness, Resilience, Response and Recovery)
- Operations and Administrations
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2015-12-18
NO-C, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position
Addis Ababa | Ethiopia (Ethiopia)
Bangui (Central African Republic)
Gaza (Palestinian Territory)