Team leader, technical assistance for public administration reforms for improved service delivery to citizens, Jordan
Objective of the programme:
This contract will provide capacity building and technical assistance to the Ministry of Public Sector Development in Jordan. It will directly support the specific objectives of the Ministry's ''Government Performance Development Programme 2013-2016''. The activities will aim to improve service delivery in several sectors. Specific expertise will be required specifically for sector restructuring and realignment, service delivery reengineering and design of shared services, and mechanisms to integrate citizen's concerns.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in law, public administration or relevant directly related discipline,
- Proven project management skills, preferably within the framework of EU interventions,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Computer literacy,
- Proficiency in English. Arabic language skills would be an asset.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 10, but preferably up to 15 years of relevant professional experience working within public administrations,
- Proven knowledge of public administration in EU countries, knowledge of Middle East and North Africa (MENA) would be an asset,
- Experience of managing at least two technical assistance projects in developing and/or transition countries in the area of, or related to, civil service reform,
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 10, but preferably up to 15 years of relevant professional experience in developing and implementing civil service reforms, preferably in EU countries,
- Minimum of 5, but preferably up to 10 years’ experience in the drafting of legislation and enforcement for the civil service,
- Extensive experience in civil service policy formulation and the development of policy instruments,
- Proven track record of involvement in projects providing policy advice to the central government entity responsible for civil service management,
- Knowledge regarding of promotion of gender equality will be an asset.
Project location: Amman, Jordan
Expected Project duration: 26 months
**Please note that all profiles are indicative only and based on our assumptions from the contract notice and maybe subject to change once the ToR is made available.
- Organization: DAI - interational development company
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-01-08