Senior Grants Manager
Dihok | Baghdad
Inside Syria, 7.6 million people are internally displaced and 12.2 million are in need of humanitarian assistance, with 4.8 million in hard-to-reach areas. There are 3.8 million Syrian refugees in neighboring countries. This is no short-term humanitarian episode. The devastating human consequences to huge numbers of people will endure for decades. The destruction of relationships, communities, livelihoods, homes and infrastructure will take years to repair.
IRC is offering a robust humanitarian response to the Syria crisis with an annual budget in excess of $140 million and a rapidly expanding portfolio, supported by more than 1,250 staff in the region. IRC is undertaking programs in Syria and the neighboring countries of Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon and Jordan in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, water and sanitation, and livelihood programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
IRC's activities in northeastern Syria focus on providing basic health services, food and non-food items, livelihoods assistance, and services for women and girls, forming part of a regional humanitarian responses.
SCOPE OF WORK: The Senior Grants Manager provides first-class grants management and business development support to the Syria Response from Iraq. The role ensures high-quality and timely grant reporting and donor communications, successful and competitive proposal development and comprehensive knowledge and information management.
Grants Management and Communications
Ensure that grants or contracts are well administered and program/support teams are fully informed of relevant donor compliance regulations and IRC procedures
Manage all external reporting to ensure timely delivery of high-quality reports which meet donor and IRC requirements, with support program managers/ coordinators
Support program staff in grant revisions, cost extensions, no-cost extensions, budget realignments, and other as required
Ensure quality information management related to grants by overseeing the regular maintenance of grant files, reporting calendars, and updating of internal IRC documentation and Grant Unit tools
Assist capacity building of IRC program and support teams by facilitating trainings and providing support in report writing, budget management, indicator tracking, IRC-specific tools, and other topics as/if needed
Provide liaison or representation to donors as the need arises and/or in the absence of regular donor focal points.
Support opportunity identification. Perform monitoring, research and analysis into donor strategies and share with program staff.
Maintain an efficient system for proposal development - with clear responsibilities outlined for management, programs, finance and operations departments - that yields timely, high quality submissions.
Work with grants managers and officers to ensure proposals are tracked with standard IRC tracking tools (e.g. FM01, OTIS)
Be the primary interlocutor for the HQ-based (NYC and London) focal points as regards proposal processing
Lead in drafting sub-grant agreements and modifications, acting as focal point with HQ for review and approval, and facilitate signature by IRC and partners
Ensure timely internal review and clearance of all financial documentation and reporting associated with sub-grants and timely payments
Monitor and facilitate compliance of partner's programs with donor and IRC requirements and raise issues affecting external/internal compliance to the Grants Coordinator.
Support the development of Sub-Grant tools and systems and manage sub-grant information
Proactively identify compliance risks and requirements throughout the portfolio and advise programs, operations, finance and senior management on necessary actions.
In concert with the finance team, assist program technical leads and operations staff with understanding the reporting and other compliance requirements on their grants.
Liaise with NY and London about specific compliance issues and clearly communicate these issues through to relevant colleagues in the field.
Ensures that other grants team members are trained in basic compliance.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Position Reports to: Deputy Director Cross Border
- Position directly supervises: Grants and Partnerships Officer
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Program Coordinators and Managers, Finance Manager
- External: Donors, regional grants and compliance colleagues
Professional Standards The IRC and IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- University degree or equivalent in international affairs or related subject
- At least two years of experience working in project and/or grants management and proposal/business development/design, including in a complex emergency
- Detailed knowledge of donor regulations, in particular OFDA, FFP, ECHO, DFID
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, able to work across functions to achieve common objectives
- Strong organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Superior writing and editing skills
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, meet demanding deadlines and work under pressure in unstable security environments
- Strong computer skills: must be competent in the use of Windows MS office programs (Word, Excel), email programs, etc.
- IRC experience preferred
- Fluency in English, spoken and written, is essential.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The position will be based in Dohuk, northern Iraq. Shared housing will be provided. Regional travel required.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YXN0cmlkLm1hdGhldy40NjkzNi4zODMwQGlyYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Location: Dihok | Baghdad
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Operations and Administrations
- Cash-Based Interventions
- Operations and Administrations
- Project and Programme Management
- Cash-Based Interventions
- Closing Date: 2016-02-06