15-1057: Medical Coordinator
Darfur (Sudan) | Sudan
15-1057: Medical Coordinator
International Medical Corps, a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs, seeks candidates for the position of Medical Coordinator in Sudan.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Program Director to achieve program objectives and targets effectively and efficiently.
- Work closely with site manager, area coordinator, and M and E coordinator for smooth implementation of the program
- Actively participate in program design, implementation and evaluation
- Improving the quality of the PHC, and RH and nutrition programs through priority setting, time bound work plan, continuous monitoring using supervisory check list.
- Ensure program targets are met using indicator tracking table
- Ensure the quality of data through proper entry, cleaning and regular checking and use the data for action on the site
- Ensure diagnosis and treatment of patients is based on standard procedures(national and international guidelines)
- Actively participate in the management and referral of patients based on the national protocol
- Ensure the community based activities such as EPI, nutrition screening, health education and defaulter tracing are done properly
- Actively participate in the identification and management of any disaster or epidemics
- Build the capacity of national staffs through proper coaching and training
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual plans
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly and annual data and reports to his line manager and other relevant agencies
- Actively participate in human resource management such as induction, motivation and coaching
- Represent IMC at locality and state level
“Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.”
“To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.”
- The Degree of Doctor of Medicine OR First degree in health science required
- Master’s in public health or related fields is required.
- Previous experience in nutrition programs is required
- Languages – working knowledge of English. Arabic will be an asset
- Good report rewriting skills
- Previous management and leadership experience in humanitarian emergency set-ups
- Very good interpersonal skills and team player
- Advanced knowledge of medical sciences and primary health care
- Basic computer skills – Microsoft Office, Email, EXCEL – and other computer based systems
- Ability and willingness to manage projects in resource-limited hardship areas
How to apply: Please go to: Medical Coordinator and follow the instructions for applying online.
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
How to apply:
To officially begin the application process, qualified candidates please go to our career page http://careers.internationalmedicalcorps.org/careers.aspx , noting where you noticed the position you are applying for and complete the online employment application form.
- Organization: IMC - International Medical Corps
- Location: Darfur (Sudan) | Sudan
- Grade: Mid level
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Medical Practitioners
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2016-01-11