Administrative Associate (TVU)
Administrative Associate (TVU)
The Travel & Visa Unit (TVU) falls under the General Services Section of DFAM. The supervision of the unit is assured by the Travel Administrator.
The TVU is a support unit with a strong sense of service-orientation towards travellers and developing teamwork relations beyond TVU boundaries. The TVU also ensures that adequate financial controls are in place and that travel budget holders' are accountable and adhere to UNHCR travel policies.
The TVU serves all staff members going on mission from HQ. The incumbent therefore deals with all UNHCR units (staff members and administrative support staff) as well as external counterparts; the extensive customer exposure encompasses the UN, counterparts in other UN agencies and as required in terms of guidance and advice, UNHCR field offices.
This job entails a significant portion of financial accountability, such as signing off on PT8s attesting to its compliance with UNHCR travel policies, which triggers the confirmation of reservations to the travel agent and the payment of travel entitlements.
The job also entails regular communication with travellers which imperatively requires a positive, knowledgeable, solutions oriented and service minded approach.
To ensure the smooth administrative support to travellers and taking into consideration the high expectations with regard to mission travel at UNHCR HQ, it is of utmost importance that the incumbent of this position is an excellent team-player, able to work under time pressure in a service-oriented and accurate manner with limited supervision.
The impact of actions will lead to optimized mission travel, the granting of applicable entitlements to travellers, and sound administrative and financial management of HQ travel activities.
- UNHCR travel and financial rules are observed with regard to PT8s/Travel Authorisations (standard of Accommodation, calculation and granting of entitlements).
- The Senior Admin. Associate is assisted in delivering regular training and refresher courses to all administrative assistants on travel related issues and entitlements.
- Coaching and support to users with regard to the Online Booking Tool implemented in HQ.
- Serve as a focal point /advisor for queries from HQ staff and the field in terms of clearing authorizations; clearing/authorising e-mails for issuance; guiding on the preparation of local PT8s.
- Review, guide, calculate and process travel authorizations for missions. Ensure up-front travel payments are authorized.
- Check air travel standard, accommodation and corresponding entitlements.
- Check routings and monitor flight availability; ensure interaction with the travel agency for cheapest airfares.
- Calculate costs and prepare vouchers for excess baggage depending on the negotiated airlines agreement.
- Maintain the stock of Easy Cash Cards per currency and the listing of Easy Cash card holders.
- Check the accuracy of data contained in the Easy Cash Card listing; upload the required information in the daily spreadsheet with the traveller's entitlements.
- Update the PT8s, upload the Easy Cash Cards and proceed with the settlement of all transactions the next day.
- Track and reconcile travel requests (PT8s), addenda and upfront payments against travel agency invoices.
- Update eSafe and other TVU recording systems on PT8 info, DSA, Danger Pay and SOLAR in a timely manner
- Provide coaching to administrative staff when required.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
- Review and recommend applicability of exceptional conditions.
- Contact the Salaries and Allowances Section, Office of Financial Services, New York with regard to all UNHCR requests for ad hoc DSA and upgrades/exceptions for travel entitlements on behalf of staff at all levels.
- Take an authoritative and advisory role with HQ/Field staff as regards all aspects of mission travel entitlements.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
- Completion of secondary education with post-secondary training/certificate in business Administration, Finance, Accounting Human Ressources or related field.
- Minimum of 6 years relevant professional working experience.
- Travel agent's IATA-FUAAV Diploma.
- Computer Certificate (Excel, Word).
- Knowledge of Galileo or Amadeus.
- Knowledge of air tariff and pricing.
- Good knowledge of UN and UNHCR financial Rules and Regulations and Travel Policies.
- Fluency in English and French.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES.
- Familiarity with MSRP Financial modules and HR modules.
- Database Management experience.
- Computer skills in addition to Excel data management.
- Good command of data base software's such as Access and a good understanding of Internet environment and knowledge of web publishing.
C001L2 - Accountability Level 2
C002L2 - Teamwork & Collaboration Level 2
C003L2 - Communication Level 2
C004L2 - Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 2
C005L2 - Client & Result Orientation Level 2
C006L2 - Organizational Awareness Level 2
M001L2 - Empowering and Building Trust Level 2
M003L2 - Judgement and Decision Making Level 2
M006L2 - Managing Resources Level 2
X001L2 - Analytical Thinking Level 2
X003L2 - Technological Awareness Level 2
X005L2 - Planning and Organizing Level 2
Closing date for submission of application is 23 December 2015
- Organization: UNHCR - United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: GS-6, General Service - Administrative support
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2015-12-23