Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Background: The International Rescue Committee has been working in Somalia since 2006, providing essential services to conflict and disaster affected communities. The IRC has been operational in Central Somalia (Mudug and Galgadud regions) and Mogadishu implementing interventions in the areas of livelihood, Governance, protection, GBV, WASH and health reaching out to more than 200,000 conflict and drought affected people.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Working under the supervision and guidance of the Deputy Director of Programs, the M&E Manager will be based in IRC Somalia’s Mogadishu office. The position will work closely with all technical coordinators to implement the IRC Somalia Monitoring & Evaluation commitment in its Strategic Action Plan –SAP 2020, improving program quality through improved data management systems and processes. The position will also act as focal point for data platform management.
Specifically, the M&E Manager will be responsible for assisting program staff in establishing M&E systems and procedures within their respective programs in meeting Monitoring for Action Standards, supporting the Grants and Fundraising Coordinator, Grants Manager and Reporting Officer in preparing Monthly/Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress, and supporting the technical coordinators in the design of new project proposals, based on evidence from previous programming. Further, the M&E Manager will support the establishment and rollout of a new global M&E platform that will encourage country-level data to be analyzed and more easily aggregated at the global level. S/he will support field teams to monitor programs activities on a regular basis through data collection, analysis, learning and action-taking in relation to all of IRC’s programs.
- Post-graduate degree in social science, humanities or other related degree;
- 3-5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation in humanitarian and development sectors
- Proven technical skills in monitoring and evaluation, including experience with multi-sectorial and multi-donor funded programs;
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis using packages like DHIS, ONA, GBVIMS, SPSS, MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-Access;
- Strong data interpretation skills, report writing and presentation skills;
- Knowledge, skills and experience in participatory methods experience in use of data to inform decision-making, planning, and performance monitoring;
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated teamwork experience, including abilities to coordinate effectively with diverse individuals, teams, and stakeholders to achieve results;
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and to adhere to set deadlines;
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office.
- Simultaneously managing multi-sectorial and multi-donor projects;
- Conversance with standard indicators in health, economic empowerment, protection an added advantage;
- Experience in grant management and proposal writing.
Full description of this position and application details can be viewed through our website www.rescue.org/careers.
International Allowances are not available for this position
- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Location: Mogadishu
- Grade: Mid level
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2015-12-31