Health and Nutrition coordinator
ACF is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for ACF in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
Support the opening of the mission, launching nutrition activities and identifying nutrition projects
· Ensure that the commitments to donors are respected in the implementation of the activities on the field.
· Follow-up and support the field activities through visits, phone and mail.
· To check and improve the tools used in the management of the projects, methodologies and forms.
2. Proposal & report
· Identification of the needs and the design of the activities.
· Write and review the concept notes and proposals. Ensure the coherence with ACF strategy, concerned national issues and local priorities & needs.
· To participate to the set-up of budget for proposal writing
· To review the budget forecast and follow-up and to signal any discrepancy with the proposal budget
· To be fully aware of ACF technical policies, position papers, modules and protocols. Promote them amongst the department.
· Collect and update information on nutrition indicators, actors and activities nationwide for analysis and identification potential areas, partners and activities priorities.
· Support the Country Director and Coordination team in country analysis and strategy definition.
4. HR Management
· To check that each team member is aware of all HR regulation & procedures and follow them (rules, regulation, recruitment, appraisal, etc).
· To check if each team member are aware of security rules & procedures.
· To appraisal the work/achievements of each HoP.
5. Representation & coordination
· To participate in the coordination meetings with external stakeholders and especially to the nutrition working group.
· To represent ACF for internal / external coordination at the capital level for department related issues.
· Act as focal point on nutrition related issues
· Respect and make sure the team under his/her responsibility respects the security plan and regulations. Perform the tasks and responsibilities assigned in the different protocols and contingency plans of the mission security plan
· Nurse/Nutritionist/doctor with experience in the management of nutrition programs in emergency situations
· ACF Nutrition Program: CMAM
· SMART knowledge
· Four years experience working in nutrition programs
· Experience in programme set-up and CMAM training
· Good analytical skills
· Competences in training.
· Communications, observation, listening skills, motivation, team management and conflict resolution
· Good team spirit and ability to work in a team.
· Autonomy, creativity, adaptability and flexibility.
· Good knowledge of the area and local customs. Due to the specific Muslim context and the sensitiveness of the topics, females are especially encouraged to apply
· Windows domain, Compulsory expertise in Excel.
· National and international mobility
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
· Duration 6 months
· Salary: from 1.700€ to 2.200€ gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of ACF- Spain).
· ACF- Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
· Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by ACF-E)
· House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
· Travel costs to and from the mission.
· 25 working days of paid leave per year.
· Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
· Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
· Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of ACF-Spain).
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.
- Organization: ACF - Action against Hunger/Action Contre la Faim
- Location: Lilongwe (Malawi)
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Closing Date: 2016-01-04