Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Washington D.C. (United States of America)
Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures. For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.Counterpart.org
Counterpart International is currently seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer to Provide technical support in monitoring and evaluation to Counterpart’s governance programs through the following:
- Provide technical support in the design and delivery of training in monitoring, evaluation and learning;
- Coordinate the Knowledge Management Portal (KM Portal) team;
- Provide technical support for learning, monitoring & evaluation to program teams at HQ and in the field;
- Design/re-design project Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plans (PMEPs) for new proposals and current projects;
- Support and advise field staff in establishing monitoring and evaluation systems;
Support the design and implementation of assessments and evaluations for Counterpart’s program portfolio.
This is a full/part time position based in Arlington, VA. This position will report to the PQL Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide technical support in design and delivery of training in monitoring, evaluation and learning
• Serve as a technical facilitator for communities of practice on M&E, learning, and knowledge management
• Act as “learning coach” to ensure best practices, methodologies etc. are identified, packaged and disseminated across the organization in collaboration with various teams.
• Support portal reporting for the HQ and Field staff, international partner staff, and sub-grantee staff;
• Design and deliver trainings that are tailored to the nature of the project, reflect Counterpart’s and industry best practices in M&E, and lessons learned in Counterpart’s projects; trainings will aim to maximize the Portal’s M&E and management utility, accurate reporting, effective knowledge sharing and capturing of impacts and lessons learned;
• Develop and/or support the development of project Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plans (PMEPs) for new proposals;
• Provide guidance to field staff in establishing monitoring and evaluation systems, including design or guidance on creation and/or adaptation of templates and data collection tools, with maximum data value and minimum burden on the user;
• Directly manage and co-design program evaluations, field assessments and research for Counterpart governance programs, as needed, including management of consultants and contractors, individuals and firms that implement various components of the field work, Counterpart staff involved with those field assessments, and HQ inputs required for those deliverables;
• Represent Counterpart in relevant working groups and events related to learning, M&E and knowledge management.
• Assist in other knowledge management and program monitoring and evaluation activities as required.
• Support the activities of a team of M&E specialists
• Master’s degree in International Development, public policy, social sciences with emphasis on social research design and analysis, or related fields;
• At least five years of experience in research or evaluation/assessment design and implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of USAID funded programs;
• Demonstrated capacity and experience managing partners and sub-grantees, contractors;
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of program logical frameworks;
• Demonstrated capacity to conduct training;
• Experience with the U.S. Government’s Foreign Assistance Framework and its Indicators;
• Excellent research, writing and presentation skills (written and oral);
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated facilitation skills and ability to work in teams;
• Ability to multi-task, work independently, and meet deadlines are all requisite skills;
• Proficiency in Excel, Word and database management;
• English fluency required; foreign language skills in French, Spanish, or Arabic strongly preferred.
• Overseas experience and knowledge of current affairs as related to development strongly preferred
• Familiarity with SharePoint, Office365, learning processes/knowledge management approaches and professional use of social media platforms preferred
• Statistical knowledge and demonstrable experience with statistical software packages (SAS, Stata, SPSS) preferred;
Counterpart International is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of Counterpart International to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- Organization: Counterpart International
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Education, Learning and Training
- Closing Date: 2016-01-16