Senior Project Associate
Medford | Washington D.C
The Senior Project Associate (SPA) is responsible for the efficient organization and functioning of the OCE (Office of Country Presence). The SPA coordinates communication and follow-up with executives and staff in over 40 countries including Country Representatives, Country Leads, COMU (Country Operations Management Unit) Directors and Managers, regional business development and human resources personnel as well as those within the Home Office; Health Program Group, Pharmaceutical Health & Technology Group, Finance, Contracts, Administration, Performance, Learning and Impact, PM (Project Management) @MSH office, and GPMC (Global Partnerships, Marketing, and Communications).
Provide administrative support to Senior Director of Country Presence (50%)
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Director of Country Presence, coordinate special projects or initiatives, and maintain close coordination with new business development.
- Ensure that information is up-to-date regarding country presence areas of influence and interventions.
- Maintain the Country Presence Unit intranet page (OLLIE).
- Organize and track communication threads, and bring salient issues to the attention of the Senior Director.
- Schedule, organize, and support meetings, calls, and appointments including electronic conferencing and videoconferencing facilities. Attend meetings as needed and take minutes of action points and track for follow-up.
- Maintain Senior Director's calendar and manage meeting requests with respect to objectives, agenda, and participants. Review each meeting's agenda in advance and anticipate need for preparation and gathering of background materials.
- Independently draft and format letters and emails as appropriate for general and routine correspondence.
- Handle information and correspondence, including confidential information.
- Analyze data and summarize reports and documents.
- Create presentation materials.
- Assist in making travel arrangements as necessary.
- Book rooms and equipment, order food, and arrange for transportation as necessary.
S*peSpecial projects, initiatives and new business development coordination (50%)*
- Assist in the development of strategy and management for the Country Presence Unit.
- Coordinate projects including New Business Development, country specific strategic road map Development/approval/implementation, audit management, capacity building initiatives, and Country reporting processes.
- Coordinate communications and relationships with executives and staff in over 40 countries including Country Representatives, Country Leads, COMU (Country Operations Management Unit) Directors and Managers, regional business development and human resources personnel as well as those within the Home Office; Health Program Group, Pharmaceutical Health & Technology Group, Finance, Contracts, Administration, Performance, Learning and Impact, PM (Project Management) @MSH office, and GPMC (Global Partnerships, Marketing, and Communications).
Track Country Presence Home Office budget; maintain up-to-date budgetary and financial performance on non-project spending in countries. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in related field.
2 years related experience.
- 4 years related experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, both verbally and in writing. Language skills in French, Spanish, or Portuguese helpful but not required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with executives, senior level associates, and non-US based staff.
- Highly developed prioritization, organization, planning, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and internet research.
- Confidentiality, Integrity and Trust, Highly self-motivated, Self-starter, Priority setting, Problem solving, Drive for Results.
- 5% Travel requirements,
- Keyboard use, Pulling drawers, Lifting papers <10lbs.
- Organization: MSH - Management Sciences for Health
- Location: Medford | Washington D.C
- Grade: Junior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2016-01-18