Health and Nutrition Programme Manager
Juba (South Sudan)
Position: Health and Nutrition Programme Manager
Location: Upper Nile State (Maban) South Sudan with regular travel to Country office (Juba) and other program sites.
Reports to: South Sudan Country Director.
About RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
The Health & Nutrition Manager is responsible for managing all health and nutrition activities within Maban County, Upper Nile State.In addition to the specific duties outlined below, the Health & Nutrition Managerwill be responsible for providing technical support and supervision to the health team and provide technical input, writing and budgetary input for new program design.The Health & Nutrition Manager contributes to and leads in the management of multiple grants in the area.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work closely with the Field Manager and County Director to achieve program objectives and targets effectively and efficiently
- Improve the quality of primary health care (PHC) services delivered at supported facilities throughout the county through priority setting, on-job training, and continuous monitoring
- Manage donor requirements for data collection and reporting for health and nutrition grants in Maban
- Develop and establish a work plan for carrying out program deliverables and required activities
- Monitor program expenditure and regularly liaise with finance staff to address spending issues
- Actively participate in program design, implementation and evaluation
- Ensure program targets are met using indicator / activity tracking table
- Ensure the quality of data through proper entry, cleaning and regular checking and use the data for action on the site
- Ensure diagnosis and treatment of patients is based on standard procedures (national and international guidelines)
- Ensure the community based activities such as EPI, nutrition screening, health education and defaulter tracing are done properly
- Actively participate in the identification and management of any disaster or epidemics
- Build the capacity of national staffs through proper coaching and training
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual work plans for grants
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly and annual data and reports to line manager and other relevant agencies
- Represent RIat the local and state level
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or Doctorate Degree of Medicine (preferred)
- Experience with project planning and grant management (multiple donors)
- Previous experience with managing nutrition programming (TSFP, OTP) is strongly recommended
- Senior management experience and/or community development; previous experience in area management.
- High level of skill in developing, implementing and training others in the tools needed for program cycle management monitoring and review
- Skilled in, and committed to, community participation/interaction, field visits and presence in program areas
- Proven financial, logistics and procurement management skills.
- Practical experience managing staff and programs in insecure locations
- Well-developed human resource management skills
- Proven commitment to humanitarian and accountability principals and knowledgeable of quality assurance systems
- Good communicator with proven diplomacy who has the ability and willingness to engage with all levels of staff and all types of stakeholders
- Fluent and articulate in spoken local language and able to speak/write in English with clarity and ease.
- For consideration please submit all of the following: a detailed CV, cover letter, salary history, and a list of 3 previous supervisors (including email address, Skype contact, and telephone number).
We would like to share Relief International's Values with you:
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
The closing date for applications is 29 February 2016. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
- Organization: Relief International
- Location: Juba (South Sudan)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Project and Programme Management
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Public Health and Health Service
- Operations and Administrations
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Closing Date: 2016-02-29