Chief of Party – Global Fund Grant
World Vision is a relief, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 45,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Chief of Party (CoP) you will have overall responsibility for coordination of all project activities and staff. You will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the program and will serve as the principal institutional liaison to the donor and local government entities. As CoP you shall have a keen understanding of the unique political dynamics and work carefully and collaboratively with the ministry of Health, Government of Angola and all other stakeholders. You will manage a team of senior staff, sub-recipients, and engagement with stakeholders and ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the grant.
- A minimum Master's degree in health technical field and qualifications in grant management in developing countries.
- Fifteen years of extensive international development experience managing large grant-funded projects and preferably experience of successfully managing Global Fund grants
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills. Portuguese language skills are a bonus.
- Experience managing sub grants and contracts under grants for complex projects.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese (or Spanish) is required.
- Be prepared to travel to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 08 Jan 2015. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Organization: World Vision
- Location: Luanda (Angola)
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- HIV and AIDS
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-01-08