Women’s Engagement Officer
Kilis | Ankara
- Work closely with the Women’s Center Site Supervisors and communities to ensure that community-based engagement activities are relevant and appropriate to the context.
- Provide technical and managerial support to Site Supervisors and facilitators to ensure efficient functioning of the Women’s centers.
- Assists in the development of a community outreach strategy, including an information dissemination campaign on available services, and a social norms change intervention that seeks to promote a safer environment for women and girls.
- Organize the daily / weekly / monthly work plan of the project and Women’s Centers;
- Regular engagement with the community, particularly community leaders and other to be identified stakeholders to promote buy-in for the intervention as well as gather feedback.
- Hold workshops with key community member to develop key messages of different outreach activities.
- Oversee testing and piloting of key messages and related IEC materials.
- Ensure activities are run according to minimum standards, best practices, and IASC Guidelines.
- Represent the organization with community leaders and other stakeholders and develop working relationships and engagement in program activities.
- Assess training needs for the Women’s Center staff.
- Evaluate and propose new Women’s Engagement activities.
- Participate in the program development and recommendations as required.
- Work closely with the Program Officer in preparing weekly, monthly and other donor reports.
- Educational background in Social Science, International Relations, Law, Social Work/Psychology, or other related field
- Understanding of emergency response and two years of relevant professional experience, including experience in gender, GBV, Women’s Empowerment or protection programming
- Proven experience in developing and delivering training and of group facilitation
- Demonstrated sensitivity to protection issues, including application of the principle of confidentiality
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work well with a team
- Extremely strong communication skills, with good understanding of relevant cross-cultural and sensitive issues
- Good qualitative and quantitative reporting skills
- Strong problem-solving and innovation to address gaps and challenges
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to produce timely and high quality of work
- Demonstrated high level of flexibility, responsiveness, and reliability
- Ability to work under pressure and strong time management skills to meet both short-term and long-term objectives
- Must have a valid passport and residency
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic, English fluency speaking and writing.
Applications should include a detailed CV and a cover letter should be submitted in English with the subject title to following email address, respectively: