Kaesŏng | Seoul (Korea (Republic of))
The Green Climate Fund is seeking a high performing Risk Manager. The Risk Manager will be responsible for developing the relevant policies and managing in a manner that reflects all risks to which the Fund is exposed: strategic, credit, market, operational, reputation, regulatory and compliance risk.
The incumbent will also be responsible for implementing the Fund’s Enterprise Risk Management approach and monitoring use of resources in consistency with the Fund’s risk appetite, processes, and limits. The role will ultimately be responsible for facilitating the overall oversight of the Fund’s risk management. The Risk Manager will report directly to the Executive Director and will advise the ED and the Board as and when required and in accordance with the organisational audit requirements.
The Green Climate Fund (“the Fund”) is a new multilateral fund created to make a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining the goals set by the international community to combat climate change. The Fund is headquartered in Songdo, Incheon City, Republic of Korea, where it opened its doors in December 2013.
The Fund will contribute to the achievement of the ultimate objective of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). In the context of sustainable development, the Fund will promote the paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate-resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, taking into account the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change. The Fund will pursue a country-driven approach in its operations.
The position is for an initial three-year period. Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
Full Job Description:
The Risk Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing the relevant Risk Management Policies and setting up of Risk Registers, Review and Reporting Mechanisms;
- Managing and mitigating all risks to which the Fund may be exposed: strategic, credit, market, operational, reputation, regulatory and compliance related;
- Implementing the Fund’s Enterprise Risk Management approach and monitoring use of resources consistent with the Fund’s risk appetite, processes, and limits. The role will be ultimately responsible for facilitating the overall oversight of the Fund’s risk management.
Qualifications / Education
Bachelor’s degree in a technical or related field (engineering, econometrics, actuarial science etc.) complemented by an MBA / CFA / CPRM / FRM or other Professional Designation preferred;
- A minimum of 12 years’ experience in risk management, with a minimum of 8 years in credit and risk management at a top tier financial institution;
- Exceptional analytical skills should be complemented by strong writing skills, the ability to work in multi-cultural environments and strong political sensitivity;
- Experience in writing policies;
- Experience of modelling transactions as well as credit scoring toolkits;
- Experience of managing enterprise risk management frameworks;
- Experience of managing cross-border exposure into developing markets;
- Experience in Portfolio Risk Management with different asset classes (debt, equities, guarantees, derivatives);
- Experience in market and operational risk;
- Experience of dealing with regulators, managing governance issues and international funds or other multi-lateral financial institutions is a plus;
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of another United Nations language is an advantage;
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level, with the following:
- Proven application of expertise;
- Able to act as a team leader when required, with supervision from the team head;
- A team-player with a proactive and can-do attitude.
Applications are welcome until the deadline of midnight GMT on Monday 1 February 2016.
To apply for this post, please follow the guidelines on the website – http://oxfordhr.co.uk/job/risk-manager/ – complete our online application form and submit the following information, preferably in MS Word:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (of no more than 2-3 sides of A4)
- A detailed statement (of no more than 2-sides of A4) explaining why you are interested in this post and how your skills and experience make you suitable.
(Please look at “Advice for Candidates” on the Oxford HR website for hints on how to write a successful CV and statement).
- Organization: GCF - Green Climate Fund
- Location: Kaesŏng | Seoul (Korea (Republic of))
- Grade: Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-02-01