HIV/Tuberculosis Coordinators - STEER Project
Lagos & Cross Rivers | Abuja
As a member of the STEER Team, The TB coordinator will be responsible for working closely with the STEER technical team to achieve the strategic objectives of the project – focusing primarily on TB prevention, Care & Support but also supporting cross-cutting themes and integration efforts across the project with other areas of OVC programming including Household Economic Strengthening and Nutrition. S/he will lead planning and capacity strengthening efforts while putting in place operational strategies for achieving project aims, results and performance expectations through adherence to high standards of programmatic and management quality.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Provide a coordinating role primarily in the areas of TB prevention; Community based TB Care & Support for project beneficiaries.
Responsible for strengthening the linkages between the community-based care activities and health facilities providing TB care and treatment towards ensuring a continuum of care.
Support the strengthening of the capacity of implementing CSOs in the area of TB prevention, awareness creation, community mobilization for TB counselling and testing, and Early Identification and contact tracing, improving referral and counter-referral systems between communities and facilities.
Support the implementation of evidence-based interventions aimed at addressing TB risk behaviours, TB transmission, and gender-based violence.
The TB coordinator will utilize approaches that support integration and maximize country and community-ownership.
Work in close collaboration with the M&E Coordinators, OD Specialists and other STEER Project stakeholders at the states.
Coordinate periodic monitoring/reviews of the TB Prevention, Care & Support services of the project, identify successes, and using lessons learned to make contribution to the overall strategies of the project.
Contributes to the development of monthly, quarterly and annual workplans.
Prepares, collates and submits periodic reports to the Technical Advisor on TB activities.
Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s child protection policies; comply strictly with security procedures and other staff policies.
Place of Work Each coordinator will be based in either of Kano or Bauchi States, and will require about 50% of travel to the implementing LGAs and communities within the state.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· MBBS/MD and/or MPH with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in implementing TB Prevention, Care and Support programs.
· Or BS/MA in a relevant health degree a plus a minimum of 5 years technical experience with community-level TB prevention, Care & Support programs
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
· Proven leadership and inter-personal skills for effective team work; as well as the ability to work independently on a frequent basis, taking initiative, managing a variety of activities concurrently, and delivering outputs on schedule.
· Demonstrated ability to support partners working at a distance to achieve results against program objectives/targets.
· Successful experience in project design and proposal development in the TB/Health sector for USAID.
· Experience with monitoring and evaluation and reporting TB Care & Treatment activities.
· Good knowledge of Government of Nigeria TB Care and Treatment guidelines (Paediatric & Adult)and experience working with Ministry of Health and other relevant entities.
· Familiarity with OVC programming and principles.
· Excellent English oral and written communication skills required, and working knowledge of Hausa language.
· Excellent analytic, organizational and computer skills; skilled in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience with SharePoint a plus.
PLEASE STATE YOUR PREFERRED LOCATION CLEARLY IN YOUR APPLICATION
To apply kindly follow this link:
Please note that applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In order to apply for more great opportunities, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net/jobs.
For more information and to support our work, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE AN IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES? JOIN US!!!
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Lagos & Cross Rivers | Abuja
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- HIV and AIDS
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Closing Date: 2016-01-05