Training Operations Coordinator
Konobo | Monrovia
Last Mile Health
Founded by survivors of Liberia’s civil war, Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world’s most remote villages by ensuring access to modern primary health care for all Addressing the needs of remote communities that are cut off from basic life-saving health services, LMH works in partnership with the Government of Liberia to strengthen the country’s community health system—bringing health care to the doorsteps of people in the hardest-to-reach communities. As part of its recovery effort after the end of the Ebola outbreak, the Liberia Ministry of Health has prioritized launching a national community health workforce able to prevent, diagnose, and treat the most life-threatening health conditions. Working side-by-side, LMH and the MOH are designing and implementing a national roll-out of a network of community health workers to stretch the country’s primary health services to the most rural communities to improve maternal and child health and serve as a front-line response for future outbreaks.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
As part of the Quality & Innovation team, the Training Operations Coordinator will support and lead operations project management activities as they relate to Community Health Systems training. This will include operational design technical support, while also building integral training systems and processes that will align with LMH’s broader training strategy for scale and impact. The Training Operations Manager is responsible for successfully executing the essential operations components of training activities at Last Mile Health. He/she will specifically be involved in the planning, implementation and follow-up of training, and ensure the project management cycle is met with success and excellence. This role requires close coordination with respective county operations teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Support in the operational planning, execution, and follow-up of all training leadership activities for the Training Officer Program and Last Mile Academy. This includes:
Lead training site logistics and preparation.
Lead lodging, transportation and feeding preparation and execution for participants and facilitators.
Lead supply requests and printing requirements.
Support signing of contracts and other HR needs.
Support Training Coordinator with financial distribution and documentation.
Operational Training Planning
- Support county-level teams in the operational planning and execution of CHW trainings, providing technical assistance and joint work planning.
- Ensure CHW trainings at the district level are planned and executed according to the Training SOP. Ensure these trainings are met on time and with quality.
- Work in direct partnership with national and county level operations team to guarantee that all supply requests, printing, housing, food provisions and transport are requested and delivered
Training Operations Systems Building
- Contribute to the development of a standard Training SOP for centralized and county-level trainings.
- Document and suggest modifications to these SOPs to reflect lessons learned and best practices.
- Work with the LMH Operations and Program Implementation teams to provide coaching around training operations systems and processes and ensure compliance.
- Monitor and sustain operational training systems at scale for multiple sites.
- Conduct field supervision of training activities, providing coaching and problem solving around operational processes with Training Officers and CHW supervisors.
- Track and analyze operations KPIs after each training cycle.
- Contribute to final training reports, providing actionable recommendations for improving planning and execution of training activities.
Develop and implement system for Training Officers to maintain regular communication and coordination with CHTs and Project Teams Training Assessment & Support
Travel frequently to training sites to conduct operations needs assessments, pre/post training feedback and provide on-going technical support on logistical and execution needs
Demonstrate caring, supportive, and disciplined leadership during all training activities. Support and motivate a large and culturally diverse team across multiple sites.
Reports directly to: Training Manager
Works directly with: Curriculum Specialist, Workforce Specialist, Operations Specialist, National and County, Operations/HR/Finance Teams, Training Team (Training Supervisors & Training Officers)
Knowledge & Experience
Above all, this position requires excellent leadership skills. The successful candidate will need to be able to support and motivate a large and culturally diverse team, embodying LMH’s values of Service, Science, Courage, and Love. In reviewing applicants we will be seeking a demonstrated record of assuming significant professional responsibility and delivering on complex organizational goals with integrity and grace.
Candidate Profile and Experience Prerequisites
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 2-4 years professional work experience, preferably overseas in sub-saharan Africa
- Experience in training execution and operations planning
- Superb organization, detail-orientation, and project management skills
- A deep motivation to build and refine systems that lead to strong culture
- Ability to thrive in a goal-oriented, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, including the ability to be flexible in project execution
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Commitment: 12 month commitment (January 20th, 2015 start date)
Location: Southeast Liberia (Rivercess & Grand Gedeh Counties)
Apply: Please submit a resume, letter of interest and three professional references. Materials can be submitted through our online application platform at https://careers.jobscore.com/careers/tiyatienhealth/jobs/training-operations-coordinator-dHrxDIQw4r5AePeMg-44q7?code=tiyatienhealth&ref=rss&sid=68
- Organization: Tiyatien Health
- Location: Konobo | Monrovia
- Grade: Mid level
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Education, Learning and Training
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2016-01-20