Digital Asset Manager
New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
The Digital Strategy Section is in need of a Digital Asset Manager to manage UNICEF’s Digital Asset Management (DAM) platform, which houses UNICEF photography, video, brand, publication, as well as other high resolution assets from UNICEF HQ Divisions and other UNICEF offices. The purpose is to identify methods to organize and manage the entire digital asset life cycle from production to distribution and archiving via UNICEF’s DAM platform (see: WeShare.unicef.org), while synchronizing with the needs of UNICEF’s Content Management System.
UNICEF’s DAM platform is also home to the high resolution of over 50 UNICEF Country Office collections, some intranet video content and is intended to eventually host all UNICEF country offices, providing a cost-effective resource accessible to all of UNICEF. There will be an expected increase in the volume of content uploaded, demand for training and support through 2016.
UNICEF’s DAM platform is hosted by an external state-of-the-art vendor and is now critical to UNICEF’s global communication, fundraising and other advocacy and increasingly integrated into both unicef.org and our intranet. It requires regular maintenance and management by a highly specialized information management/database/multimedia professional.
For more information, see the attached TERMS OF REFERENCE.
- Under the direction of the Digital Strategy Section’s Head of Multimedia and the Digital Transformation Project Lead, and in consultation with multimedia asset coordinators:
- Responsible for the regular maintenance and upgrading of the platform;
- Creates and/or updates end user and admin training documentation and guidelines, and delivers admin training, support and timelines for adoption;
- Creates detailed case studies and acceptance criteria to identify and prioritize requirements and workflow;
- Manages the main homepage, the UNICEF Resources for Media page, the Current Emergencies, Initiatives and Events page and the related folder structure for media/internal audiences the page for Country Office Homepages;
- Monitors and reports on UNICEF’s DAM platform statistics, incorporating user and admin feedback in order to audit the system performance;
- Manages and upgrades the current DAM platform and any new DAM platform with parallel and migrating data; g. Manages vendor relations;
- Advises on and coordinates the development and implementation of APIs (application programming interfaces) to facilitate the sharing of UNICEF’s multimedia content with internal and external web and mobile platforms;
- Develops asset metadata models incorporating industry standards, unique organizational requirements and field mapping for asset types with embedded metadata;
- Advises on and support best practises for merging and updating taxonomies with unicef.org and other international UNICEF platforms, as needed;
- Defines policies and standards for governance of the DAM platform;
- Organizes assets at the “correct” level of process for each project;
- Manages daily account approvals, subscription management and order approvals;
- Permission management and security profile updates;
- Demonstrates an understanding of legal issues around asset use and creates solutions that serve both creative and legal requirements;
- Understands the tools available internally and externally to devise solutions that are flexible for our organization’s use while making our process more efficient;
- Investigates the direction of UNICEF Enterprise Content Management system implementation and its impact on the UNICEF DAM platform;
- Devises an asset and metadata quality-control routine;
- May include uploading non-video/photo assets or entering metadata;
- May be called upon to support the UNICEF NYHQ audio-visual library when needed.
- Identify, plan and deliver a wide range of operational methods around storing, sharing and retrieving digital assets;
- Work closely with stakeholders to establish storage and infrastructure requirements;
- Work closely with stakeholders to establish new workflows which incorporate retrieval and use or repurposing of digital assets from the DAM platform;
- Regularly engage with stakeholders to ensure business needs are identified and anticipated and meet through the DAM platform;
- Identify and operationalize training and support requirements for using the DAM platform so that ability to use the DAM platform is broadly permeated through the business;
- Report on the use of digital assets globally, improved workflows, progress towards adoption across the Group and achievement of business objectives via the DAM platform;
- Update and maintain an effective processes for the application of metadata within the platform;
- Coordinate the preparation of digital content, prior to upload to the platform, against agreed industry standards and formats.
Qualifications or specialized knowledge/ experience required:
- 5+ years of experience managing DAM platforms;
- Higher education degree in Information Science or related field;
- Demonstrable experience with large DAM systems, including technical expertise;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in coordinating multimedia DAM systems including web, database, API, taxonomy and related components;
- Experience organising and maintaining non-book libraries and special archives online;
- Knowledge of information management and cataloguing standards;
- Understanding of both the challenges of changing working practices around assets and the people challenges of the same;
- Evidence of strong communication skills with team members;
- Experience in directing teams who deliver technical training and technical customer support;
- Demonstrable experience working with taxonomies and metadata;
- Knowledge of international documentary media standards and practices an asset;
- Excellent skills in planning communications;
- Evidence of ability to build good customer relationships with stakeholders and influencers;
- Publishing industry preferred;
- Knowledge of the Orange Logic DAM platform an asset;
- Excellent organisational skills.
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com by 12 January 2016. When sending to this mailbox, please ensure that the position you are applying for, ‘**Digital Asset Manager’**, is quoted on the subject line. Applicants MUST submit their resume along with a signed and dated (not typed) UNICEF P-11. Please send details of the daily fee/rate (in USD) you are willing to accept for the performance of this job. Please state whether negotiable or non-negotiable. To download P11: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/Personal_History_P11.doc
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted. Non-US candidates must be in possession of an existing US G4 visa or be a US permanent resident/citizen.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2016-01-12