Senior Technical Advisor - Pharmaceutical Management
The Senior Technical Advisor will be responsible to lead and manage the Pharmaceutical management component of SIAPS Project in Philippines. S/He will provide technical assistance to the Department of Health (DoH), National Tuberculosis Program (NTP), Food and Drug Authority (FDA), other relevant departments and institutions at central, regional and peripheral levels to strengthen management systems for Tuberculosis related pharmaceuticals, supplies and other health technologies. S/he will provide guidance to technical advisors and ensure the roll out of all activities designed and budgeted in annual work plan under pharmaceutical management component with quality and expected outcomes. Work closely with monitoring, evaluation and communication team to design result frame work, monitor and evaluate performance; and dissemination of results. As a senior management team member assist country project director in strategic planning, risk mitigation, performance management and coordination.
- Provide technical support to management and country team in the conceptualization
and implementation of pharmaceutical management activities at the country, regional
and peripheral levels.
- Lead and participate in activities aimed at Pharmaceutical management system
strengthening, assessments, options analysis, operations research, and strategic
planning ensuring that findings, recommendations and plans are all consistent with
USAID objectives and host government priorities.
- Provide technical support to Technical Advisors in the implementation of planned
activities and in the review of project deliverables ensuring quality of products.
- Participate and represent MSH and SIAPS in meetings with Department of Health
(DoH), National Tuberculosis Program (NTP), other government agencies and
institutions, USAID, Global Fund, national and international partners and collaborators.
Participate in human resource capacity assessments in the pharmaceutical sector and
collaborate internally and externally to develop country-specific capacity building
material, strategies and roll out plans.
Assist Department of Health (DoH) and National Programs to design and review,
policies, standards, guidelines, procedures and other relevant materials,
Participate in the planning and delivery of Pharmaceutical system strengthening
programs aimed at building the capacity of department of health, national programs,
drug regulatory authority, other pharmaceutical cadres and training institutions.
Collaborate with stakeholders for the development, deployment and implementation of
appropriate tools necessary to improve pharmaceutical management information
systems and their appropriate use for decision making.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- In coordination with the M&E team, support project for the establishment of
mechanisms for collecting relevant data to their established indicators. Also participate
in program review activities and provide adequate recommendations.
- Support Technical Advisors and other project staff in the adequate documentation and dissemination of program results and lessons learned including the development and
submission of abstracts and articles to scientific journals and conferences.
- Supervise assigned Technical Advisors ensuring the adequacy of their performance and their continuous professional development.
- Required: Postgraduate degree in pharmacy with hands on experience in public health programs especially related to Tuberculosis and other infectious and non-infectious diseases
- Preferred: PhD
- Required: 7 years'' of relevant experience in areas of pharmaceutical management & systems strengthening related projects, preferably with international donors such as USAID, Global Fund, UN and World Bank.
- Preferred: Skilled in Supply Chain, Regulatory, Pharmacovigilance and Pharmaceutical management information systems strengthening
Country Project Director
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
- Organization: MSH - Management Sciences for Health
- Location: Manila (Philippines)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-01-23