Senior Fundraising Manager
Job title: Senior Fundraising Manager
Reporting to: Director of Amnesty International Korean Section
Functional Links: Internal: Fundraising Manager, Public Engagement Manager and Organisational Development Manager
Other Key Contacts: International Secretariat Division, Marketing Agencies
Location: Seoul, Korea
Conditions: Two year contract
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 7 million people who take injustice personally. We are campaigning for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. Our vision is for every person to enjoy all the rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international human rights standards. We are independent of any government, political ideology, economic interest or religion and are funded mainly by our membership and public donations.
Amnesty International Korea was founded in 1972 – the year that dictator Park, Chunghee declared the Yushin Constitution (1). Amnesty International and its members started a human rights movement under this constitution. We have campaigned for prisoners of conscience, abolition of death penalty, freedom of expression, foreign migrants and refugees, arms control, and dignity focusing on human rights and poverty with 15,000 members.
Purpose of the role
Amnesty International Korea (AIK) is to launch an expanded local fundraising programme in 2016 to grow the base of national supporters and to maximize net income. The focus will be on individual giving marketing and will require a strategic approach to test new acquisition channels and new fundraising products, and to improve ROI. In addition to individual giving a major donor programme will be developed and implemented.
A fundraising leader is required to set up, launch and manage a sustainable fundraising programme within Korean context. To provide strong and visionary leadership in the expansion and implementation of AIK’s Fundraising Strategy and Plan, and to take an active role as part of the AI movement, especially working with the Global Fundraising Support team at the International Secretariat.
The Senior Fundraising Manager will lead on the development of a multi-channel integrated approach to individual giving with the support of the existing fundraising team. He/she will also need to lead on establishing a Major Donor programme and will empower, inspire and guide a strongly committed team throughout this key stage of the development of the fundraising operations.
This is a two-year role for someone with strong individual giving fundraising experience, self-starter, motivated and with the required skills to oversee roll-out of key areas and the piloting of new initiatives.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Develop and review a fundraising strategy to significantly increase income across a range of funding streams, with a focus on raising income from Korean supporters through regular giving and high value in line with the international fundraising strategy.
- Monitor all activities against targets and key performance indicators.
- Produce annual and long-term income and expenditure budgets and monitor results against them, advising management of any significant deviations.
- Provide regular reporting on the progress of fundraising plan and budget.
- Identify and develop opportunities to increase income and improve cost efficiency on an on-going basis.
- Lead the fundraising team, including conducting regular supervision sessions and appraisals and identifying development opportunities. Also, be responsible for training and coaching of the team as the market does not have experienced fundraisers.
- Communicate key strategic, organizational and external issues affecting AIK and its fundraising activities.
- Contribute to the strategic and operational direction and management of AIK.
- Develop and manage relationships and contracts with external suppliers.
- Recruit and oversee the set-up of new fundraising programme.
- Fundraising Program Delivery.
- Ensure systems are in place to manage donor relations, including supporter services, financial processing, financial reporting and a marketing database.
- Test and develop appropriate fundraising products to ensure sustained regular giving, with the aim of increasing income from supporters.
- Test and develop a variety of channels through which AIK can acquire supporters.
- Ensure constant monitoring and refine a supporter retention strategy to build lasting relationships with financial supporters.
- Ensure that fundraising activities consistently reflect the value of AI and comply with relevant legal regulations.
- Implement the High Value Program (major donors) in order to diversify and increase income.
- Oversight of larger grants, where relevant.
- Maximize the use of AI’s global fundraising resources to enable the AIK’s fundraising program to be developed as cost effectively as possible.
- Share skills and develop relationships with International Fundraising Team and fundraising people in other sections.
- Establish and maintain excellent relations with key donors.
- Make presentations to select gatherings (potential major donors) and develop relations on a sustained basis.
- Work together with Communications Department to develop feedback strategy to donors such as reports, newsletters and website
- Press Relations: work with Communications to raise AI’s profile in local media in order to support fundraising actions
Required Skills and Experience:
- Commitment to Amnesty International’s mission, vision and values as well as relief and development work.
- At least four years proven experience in marketing, communications or fundraising.
- Minimal three years’ experience in managing and motivating a team.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Experience in working with customer or supporter/donor databases.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of customer service and loyalty to enable the development of a sustainable income base for the organization.
- Proven financial management and analytical skills including experience in planning and managing budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to sell ideas and negotiate.
- Proficiency in the use of standard computer software, especially Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- Leadership and motivation skills.
- Experience/Knowledge of fundraising in the civil society / international NGO environment would be an advantage.
- Relationship building and networking skills.
- Experience in managing external agencies such as marketing agencies.
- Experience in raising institutional and High Value funds.
To apply for the post please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/ resume in strict confidence (NO PHOTOS) by email to Zoe Oldham at email@example.com
Please ensure that they are sent as Word documents and in English with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “Amnesty Intl.Korea Senior Fundraising Manager” in the email subject line. Please let us know, in your covering email, where you found out about the post.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 31st January 2016, 18.00 CET
Equality and diversity is at the core of our values and staff are expected to work collectively and individually to promote a constructive and sensitive approach to others from a variety of backgrounds, where the work of others is valued and respected.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
Public or other activity, affiliation to or support for any group or organization, personal association or other factor which may generate a real or perceived conflict of interest with AI’s principles (specifically independence and impartiality), or raise a security concern, or otherwise prevent the candidate from carrying out key functions of the specific post and would therefore disqualify the candidate from being appointed.
- Organization: Amnesty International
- Location: Seoul
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- External Relations
- Closing Date: 2016-01-31