Business Development Manager
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 6 Months
The Business Development Manager (BD manager) is a senior position within the Programme Development and Quality Team. The BD Manager will lead in the development of a fundraising strategy for 2016 onwards, identify and track donor opportunities, facilitate donor engagement, and may coordinate proposal development for large funding opportunities. The position requires innovative thinking and creativity to package our programme strategies in ways that attract the right donor support and grow our portfolio strategically and sustainably. Recognising that many conversations with donors involve a review or update around current grants as well as discussions about new opportunities, the BD Manager will also be expected to remain informed about the progress of major institutional grants.
Qualifications and experience
- Humanitarian/development professional with a relevant Masters' Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Recommended 5 years experience in both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: education, protection, child rights governance, and health and nutrition
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Excellent representation, presentation and communication skills.
- Experience in coordinating development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of multi-million dollar project budgets. experience with US and UK government programming
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
- Significant experience in the region
- Arabic Language skills
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'A.Aloqaily.email@example.com'
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Sanaa
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- External Relations
- Closing Date: 2016-01-12