Senior Communications Manager
Arlington | Washington D.C (United States of America)
The Health Programs (HP) Group at MSH seeks a senior level communications manager to guide our project teams in developing high impact dissemination and communications plans, and to build communications capacity in project support teams, field projects and country offices. The Senior Manager will collaborate with other communications and advocacy staff where appropriate. S/he will serve as the main liaison to projects in francophone countries and assist with the development of French capacity building materials and workshops.
Project and Country Support
- Serve as leader on communications project support teams as they develop analytical documents presenting project results and methodologies, and respond to other strategic and tactical requests from other field projects. This includes, but is not limited to: developing strategic communications programs and/or work plans, writing and editing technical documents, success stories, abstracts, fact sheets, promotional pieces, and other printed materials, and providing guidance on USAID branding and marking.
- Serve as HPG project USAID and other donor brand expert.
- Collaborate with project support leadership, organizational learning and monitoring and evaluation staff to provide guidance for and evaluation of document development and dissemination that analyzes project methodologies and results.
- Lead local communications capacity and document activities for both project and country leadership onsite or virtually.
- Create virtual training modules for communications and external engagement for field based staff in French.
Program resource development
- Support the development of the communications and advocacy strategies for all new projects with business and resource development especially in francophone countries.
- Manage the preparation, implementation and dissemination of communication strategies, plans, and activities. This includes fact sheets, success stories, and other publications.
Technical Leadership and Guidance
- Manage the MSH brand in country and develop communication products to promote MSH visibility in all francophone countries.
- Manage MSH project and country visibility events and ensure appropriate media coverage for special events in all francophone countries.
- Manage all aspects of HPG's french electronic and print collateral (websites, newsletters, annual reports, brochures, official publications, donor materials, reports, presentations, event materials, press releases, media advisories, media fact sheets, etc.).
Manage communications consultants for country and projects when needed.
Minimum of 8 years' relevant experience designing, creating, and implementing communications activities, websites, and related media to reach intended audiences.
Demonstrated experience working with and knowledge of USAID.
Written and spoken fluency in French and English.
Excellent writing and project management skills and the ability to think creatively and strategically.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to work and interact with country-based, home office-based project staff, senior leadership, project partners' representatives, and donor staff.
Proven ability to work collaboratively, to communicate with diplomacy and tact to encourage cooperation from team and colleagues in order to meet deadlines and objectives, and produce highest quality deliverables on behalf of the Institute.
Proven ability to synthesize information to develop clear communications on highly technical subjects for a variety of target audiences.
Possess exceptional writing and organizational skills for reporting on program and study results.
Strong skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and publishing software.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Organization: MSH - Management Sciences for Health
- Location: Arlington | Washington D.C (United States of America)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-01-28