Communications Manager, Maverick Collective
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
Maverick Collective is an innovative philanthropic model that is creating a network of advocates for girls and women through individual seven figure investments that create catalytic impact. These investments of talent, treasure and time are testing new solutions and positioning successful models for scale. The Maverick Collective is co-chaired by Her Royal Highness the Crown Princess of Norway Mette Marit and Melinda Gates.
PSI seeks a dynamic Communications professional who will position PSI’s Maverick Collective initiative as an innovative model of future philanthropy and its members as thought leaders. Working with a passionate team, the chosen individual will bring extensive experience in strategic communications, production, writing and editing, media relations, message development and media training.
Sound like you? Read on.
The Communications position will lead the development of a communications strategy and its execution for Maverick Collective. S/he will be responsible for the development of messaging, talking points, editorial pieces and internal/external storytelling, video production and website maintenance. The position will report directly to the Vice President of Philanthropy/Director of Maverick Collective and will work closely under guidance from PSI’s VP External Relations and Communications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop strategic communications plan for the Maverick Collective.
- Assess Maverick Collective members’ communications capabilities and develop tailored plans for members to help build social media profiles, to place members on select panels, to pitch members to press, and to help members reach their advocacy goals.
- Development of advocacy plans for Maverick Collective to help reach government partners for opportunities to leverage further funds.
- Lead the communications and media strategy of the Maverick Collective launch (Q1/Q2 2016)
- Conduct media training for relevant Maverick Collective Founding Members and staff prior to press opportunities.
- Attend select member trips to collect communications assets to include still photography, video, story collection.
- Work closely with PSI’s External Relations and Communications team.
- Manage day-to-day relations with PR agency.
- Develop template for collection of success stories from the field and curate library of stories for use in reports, communications activities and impact reports.
Track and measure communications activities, develop reports for members and for management.
**What are we looking for?
The basics **
Related Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred, in communications or a related field;
Seven to ten year’s successful experience in communications or public relations with a focus on international development and/or philanthropy communications
Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to deeply connect with a range of individuals who have a broad range of backgrounds and expertise.
Strong interest in public health, women and girls and poverty alleviation.
Experience developing and executing communications strategies for philanthropic interests/movements as well as for individual advocates.
Successful experience in media relations.
Excellent writing and editing skills and a portfolio of quality written products for a variety of formats (e.g., blogs, articles, op-eds, etc)
Must be willing to travel.
- Level 6
APPLY ONLINE at http://www.psi.org.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
- Organization: PSI - Population Services International
- Location: Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-01-28