15-1114: Midwifery Tutor
Juba (South Sudan)
15-1114: Midwifery Tutor
International Medical Corps, a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs, seeks candidates for the position of Midwifery Tutor in South Sudan.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Currently, International Medical Corps, in collaboration with the Ministry of Health (MOH), and with support from UNFPA and the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), is implementing a Diploma in Nursing and Diploma in Midwifery Program at Juba College of Nursing and Midwifery in South Sudan. The program seeks to reduce maternal, neonatal and child mortality and morbidity rates in South Sudan through midwifery and nursing training targeting to improve percentage of skilled birth attendant in the country. Through the funding of UNFPA International Medical Corps will be able to train 150 enrolled midwifery students and 80 bridge-year midwifery students at the National Health Training Institute in Kajo Keji and the National Midwifery School in Wau and 175 graduates at Juba over a period of five years (2012-16).
The nursing tutor will be responsible for the preparation and delivery of theoretical and practical training for JCONAM Midwifery students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare lessons and conduct theoretical and practical training of students in classroom and in clinical areas.
- Teach the required knowledge, skills and attitudes to the students of midwifery diploma programs, according to the national curricula, using a variety of teaching methods.
- Prepare handoutsfor teaching sessions for the students
- Plan clinical instruction based upon approved syllabus/outline to ensure course content is covered and all learning objectives are met.
- Attend the clinical settings, together with students, teach the required skills and supervise students while practicing.
- Conduct continuous and final assessment of students’ theoretical and clinical abilities.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
“To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.”
Training/education/experience/physical demands required; provide 6-8 requirements)
- Advanced university degree in Medical / Nursing Education.
- Registered Midwife/Nurse with three years of administration experience in a Nursing / Midwifery school.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in clinical setting
- Experience in classroom and clinical teaching.
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and internet
- Fluency in English.
How to apply: Please go to: Midwifery Tutor and follow the instructions for applying online.
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
How to apply: To officially begin the application process, qualified candidates please go to our career page http://careers.internationalmedicalcorps.org/careers.aspx , noting where you noticed the position you are applying for and complete the online employment application form
- Organization: IMC - International Medical Corps
- Location: Juba (South Sudan)
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Education, Learning and Training
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2016-01-30