UN Women Driver / Dispatcher
Gaza (Palestinian Territory)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
UN Women plays an innovative and catalytic role in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) since its inception in 1997(as UNIFEM). UN Women oPt focuses its activities on one overarching goal, namely to support the implementation at the national level of existing international commitments to advance gender equality in line with the national priorities. In support of this goal, and thoroughly taking into consideration the specificities of the oPt context, UN Women concentrates its efforts and interventions toward the realisation of following strategic goals: Engendering governance, peace and security; Supporting women's economic security and rights; and Promoting women’s rights and protection against violence.
The Dispatcher reports to the Administrative Associate for guidance and supervision and is responsible for the execution of a wide range of vehicle management and logistical/ security services in Palestine Country Office (CO), ensuring timeliness, efficiency and transparent use of resources and delivery of services in accordance with organizational vehicle management rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
The dispatcher works in close collaboration with the Operations and Programme Team in Palestine Country Office to ensure provision of consistent and reliable transportation and logistical services.
- Provide transport services for authorized project and management personnel and authorized UN Women missions.
- Implement vehicle management and maintenance/ monitoring system in accordance with UN Women vehicle management policy, rules and regulations.
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies (including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, all necessary tools and spare parts required by the Minimum Operational Security Standards – MOSS) in the assigned vehicle
- Prepare weekly car schedule, assign daily activities for drivers, in accordance to office needs including accommodation or emergency requirements.
- Manage the offices vehicles fleet, and coordinate use of vehicles by the office staff; as well as monitor the drivers attendance and time sheets;
- Undertake line supervision of drivers and take on regular performance review/ evaluation processes.
- Track pertinent information for each official vehicle, such as insurance expiration date motor number, license expiration date, chassis number etc.
- Ensure timely renewal of all UN Women Vehicles registration (license) and insurance as per the requirements of the host government.
- Monitor the use of UN Women vehicles, in accordance with documented trip route.
- Review the accuracy of vehicles log history on monthly basis, and ensure proper filing.
- Support in compiling information for UNDSS with regards to safety and security.
- Review and process cost recovery bills of Gasoline and transportation for UN Women vehicles.
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents. Conduct accident damage process vehicle accident reports and participate in Board of inquiry and raise damage discrepancy report as required.
- Ensure that all drivers receive continuous training and development and retain valid licenses as well as clean driving record.
- Ensure that all drivers are adhering to the dress code by dressing the dressing the UN Women assigned uniform and UNID as well as understanding their daily duty and responsibilities.
- Arrangement for airport pick-up of high-level officials and support to expediting of customs and immigration procedures, as necessary.
- Ensure that all incoming/outgoing mail is dispatched and collected in a timely manner
- Organize in a proper manner in line with UN Women policies, rules and regulations all documentation regarding usage of vehicles such as vehicles history logs that includes maintenance and fuel consumption records
- Collect and compile lessons learned and best practices in vehicle and security management and services. Disseminate to clients and stakeholders as appropriate to build capacity and knowledge;
- Translate documents including bills, invoices and receipts to and from Arabic , English and Hebrew, and interprets when needed.
- Provide support to Operations team when required;
- Perform any other logistic, transport, security and administrative services as required
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of vehicles management, in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed. Accurate data entry, presentation of information and client-oriented approach enhances UN Women capability in provision of efficient and first-class transportation services. Accurate presentation of information strengthens of the office and promotes the image of UN Women as an effective contributor to the development of the country.
CORE VALUES / GUIDING PRINCIPLES
• Integrity: Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
• Professionalism: Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
• Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity: Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
• Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity
• Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
• Development and Innovation: Take charge of self-development and take initiative
• Work in teams: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
• Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication
• Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards others
• Conflict Management: Surface conflicts and address them proactively acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution.
• Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge
• Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making: Demonstrate informed and transparent decision making
• Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported
• Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems
• Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work
• Good knowledge of administrative and security rules and regulations
• Strong IT skills, knowledge of Atlas
• knowledge sharing and experience
• Provide helpful feedback and advice to others in the office
• Demonstrate excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations
• Good skills in minor vehicle repair
• Demonstrates flexibility to meet requests with short notice and work requests over weekends or official holidays
Leadership and Self-Management
• Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
• Consistently approaches work with energy, positive and constructive attitude
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
• Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views
• Secondary Education. Certification in administration, management or security would be an asset.
• 3 years of relevant experience in transportation services (driving and dispatching), logistics, security or relevant fields.
• Israeli valid public driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS. Word, Excel, Etc.) as well as in handling of web-based management systems.
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations
• Experience working with other UN or international organization is highly desirable
• Ability to work under pressure, adhere to guidelines and meet strict deadlines
• General knowledge of vehicle management
• Safe driving record for last three years;
• Skills in driving a UN armored vehicle are considered an asset.
• Skills in minor vehicle repair are considered an asset.
• Proficiency in written and oral English and Arabic languages. knowledge of Hebrew language is desirable
• Good writing skills.
Applications can be submitted through the following link: http://jobs.undp.ps.
You will get the opportunity to upload the P-11 at when you apply for the position.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Please note that only applications that are under consideration will be contacted. UN Women will review your application only if you have uploaded Personal History Form (P.11) to your application.