Medford | Washington D.C.
This newly created position working directly for the CEO, and the MSH External Engagement Group amongst others, will conceive research, write, edit, maintain event calendars, and manage duties for presentations, speeches, articles, social media presence, MSH Board Director Communication and internal MSH Staff communications.
Your strong understanding of social media including Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Facebook, and of how these platforms can be used to augment successful book publicity campaigns will be critical. In addition, your strong, proven editing skills with knowledge of editorial guidelines, along with your excellent on-line research skills will combine to ensure success in collaborating with a range of partners to produce high quality results; this role requires you to work productively in both independent and team environments.
External Communications (30%)
- Collaborate on the creation of communication strategies for full campaigns and stand**-**alone projects for the CEO, including ah-hoc promotional activities as determined by MSH promotional priorities. Coordinate with other staff within MSH to meet goals and deadlines for creation, production and delivery.
- Utilize new and traditional media in these strategies to meet MSH communication goals, reach the proper audiences for each project and consistently represent MSH's brand in the best light possible.
- Create online content, including social media posts and videos.
- Responsible for booking speaking engagements, book signings, professional appearances and managing local media.
- Work with CEO to get assignments and complete writing and editing of materials for assigned projects, including books, news releases, publications, other print pieces, special and promotional events' supportive materials, Web communication and marketing.
- Work in consultation with the CEO and the MSH Communications Department to write, edit, proofread and distribute communication global specified audiences.
- Editorial face checking, crafting subject lines, creating regional tie-ins with stories.
- Ability to respond quickly to editorial and business needs and drive multiple projects to completion on deadline.
Internal Communications (20%)
- Maintain a current and updated knowledge of program initiatives and technical information.
- Meet regularly with GPMC, MSH Internal and External Communications Departments to understand and align (when necessary) with MSH communications, marketing and branding strategies.
- Generate periodic e-mails and ad hoc organization appreciations/ condolences, MSH staff communications and in some cases Board of Director updates.
- Manage project timelines, arrange meetings and keep calendar.
- Maintain the standards of journalistic ethics and excellence described in MSH communications and editorial guidelines.
Effectively engage diverse perspectives and experiences in work product and in organizational interactions, including communication and decision-making.**Qualifications**
G: Bachelor's Degree plus minimum 3 years' experience
H: Bachelor's Degree plus minimum 4 years' experience
- Master's degree in health communications (or related field), public health, journalism, public relations, communications or related field.
- 5 years' experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- A dynamic self-starter with strong entrepreneurial instincts.
- Ability to establish contacts.
- Have knowledge of global health and interest in MSH's mission.
- Strong understanding of social media including Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Facebook, and how these platforms can be used to augment successful book publicity campaigns.
- Ability to travel and sometimes work non-standard hours.
- Exceptionally strong ability to communicate clearly, accurately and effectively with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong, proven editing skills with knowledge of editorial guidelines.
- Strong on-line research skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a range of partners to produce high quality results; work productively in both independent and team environments.
- Work well under pressure and consistently complete simple and complex project tasks and final work by agreed upon deadlines.
- Strong information technology skills, including Word, PPT, Google or equivalent.
- Keyboard use, Pulling drawers, Lifting papers <10lbs.
- Organization: MSH - Management Sciences for Health
- Location: Medford | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: 2016-01-31