Information Management Officer (National staff only)
Gaziantep | Ankara
Position: Information Management Officer
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Duration: 6 months
About RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Relief International is registered NGO in Turkey and is based in Gaziantep to build capacities of Syrian communities to respond their needs in health, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), education and cash.
Under the direct supervision of the M&E Manager, the Information Management Officer is responsible for the administration and maintenance of an information management system for Relief International’s Turkey operations.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
· Design and administer the central database for RI’s Health and Education programs;
· Provide IM services for key decision-making including; data collection, collation, analysis and information dissemination;
· Develop, maintain and continuously update IM products;
· Ensure accurate inputting of data received from various sources and partners into database;
· Maintain dashboard interface (accessible on-line) for use by RI staff to track projects and to report on indicators and progress;
· Maintain and further develop the structure or format of the database as required, incorporating ideas and amendments from the programs;
· Train program staff on the use of the database;
· Develop and maintain documentation database/design documentation and operating manual on how to use the database for the programs.
Qualifications & Requirements:
· University degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Statistics, or related technical field; Any Microsoft certifications in Access or SQL Server would be preferred;
Fluent in English.
· Minimum of 2 years work experience in database design or database administration, data management and data analysis, and/or information management;
· Significant experience analysing data and producing reports;
· Ability to use Microsoft Access databases i.e. enter data, update records and fields, modify database structure, generate customized reports;
· Experience programming Microsoft Access databases;
· Experience with SQL and VBA;
· Ability to design the structure of the database and write appropriate interfaces (e.g. Microsoft Excel) for data entry and ensure data quality and security, highly preferred
· Experience in training project personnel in the use of database management software applications;
· Experience in writing and maintaining database design documentation and operating manuals;
· Maturity and professional ability to handle sensitive information and ability to respect the confidentiality.
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail;
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
- Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
· We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
· We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
· We value
o Transparency and accountability
o Agility and innovation
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 15th January 2016 stating in the subject “Information Management Officer". In addition a 3 professional references.
Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of applications
- Organization: Relief International
- Location: Gaziantep | Ankara
- Grade: Junior
- Human Resources
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-01-15