Human Resources Manager
Juba with travel to the field | Juba
General Description of the Program
GOAL has been delivering both humanitarian and development programmes in South Sudan since 1985. Currently GOAL South Sudan is operating in 5 field sites; Twic County, Warrap State; Agok in the Abyei administrative area Melut, Ulang and Maiwut in Upper Nile State. At these sites GOAL South Sudan implements public health programmes including curative primary health care, based on the management of 28 primary health clinics; preventative health care including HIV/AIDS messaging, malaria control and hygiene and nutrition promotion. GOAL also delivers water and sanitation services and initiatives to improve livelihoods and adult literacy.
General Description of the Role
Reporting to the ACD-S, the Human Resource Manager is primarily responsible for ensuring that all the HR functions of GOAL South Sudan are effective and appropriate for the environment in which we work. He/She originates and leads Human Resource practices and objectives that will provide an employee-orientated, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and on-going development of a superior workforce. He/She will be responsible for the implementation of services, policies, programmes and assist/advises managers and coordinators about all Human Resource issues.
- Assists the ACDS in the development of HR policies for GOAL South Sudan
- Ensure that the HR reports are consolidated and submitted in a timely manner in line with the reporting matrix
- Responsible for the communication of policies, procedures and in country laws and coordinate any changes
- Responsible for ensuring that all policies and procedures are followed, through close liaison with ACs and the roving HR Advisor
- Responsible for ensuring advice is given to managers and staff on the discipline policy and related topics
- Oversee the recruitment process for employees using the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures
- Oversee the management of the staff personnel files and ensure they are complete using appropriate monitoring tools
- Ensure that a representative of the HR team is a member of the selection and interview committees on all recruitments in Juba and at field sites
- Assist the ACDS with Performance Reporting, to include performance development plans and development of programmes and the improvement of those systems
- Assist the ACDS with the establishment of an in-house training policy and systems that address the training needs and includes staff orientations, needs assessments, management development
- Assist the ACDS in the development and administration of programmes, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organization
- Ensure managers and coordinators have the support required for the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants
- Attend meetings and seminars as required
- Supervise the maintenance of the employee related database, preparation and analysis of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the department as per GOAL policies
- Liaise with the managers and coordinators to ensure accurate employee training records are held
- Ensure that GOAL is in compliance with South Sudan labour laws
- Ensure effective communication and feedback through meetings, surveys, newsletter, internet and HR forums
- Manage the monitoring of the salaries structure and increment
- Responsible for the monthly review of the payroll before submission to Finance
- Ensure that an annual salary & compensation survey is carried out, to include a market price survey to ensure that GOAL is a competitive employer
- Responsible for Employee safety, welfare, wellness and health
- Liaise with RRC, ministry of Labour to ensure compliance with South Sudan Law and to build good relationships
- Liaise and be the focal point for all legal issues, manage and maintain the court case documentation and provide regular update to the CD and ACDS
- Carry out regular field trips to ensure GOAL field sites are following all GOAL policies and procedures
- Carry out HR staff training and capacity building as needed/identified
- Manage the expat documentation such as leave records and ensure timesheets are signed and filed as required in country..
- Responsible for the Technical support and line management of the HR Officers in Juba and the field sites.
- Ensure that all HR staff have annual appraisal reports in place
- Work with the field and Sector coordinators to ensure that they have appropriate staffing
- Liaise with the sector coordinators on all aspects of recruitment
- Attend Grant opening and closing meetings plus other forums and comment as appropriate
- Advise on disciplinary action to be taken based on staff issue at hand
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
External: RRC, Ministry of Labour and Immigration, other INGOs/local NGOs, UN agencies and donors.
Internal: Country Director, Assistant Director’s, Financial Controller, all program coordinators and managers and support staff.
- University Degree in Human Resource Management or similar
- 5 years professional experience with INGO or related work
- Excellent computer skills including word, excel
Experience in planning and development of HR trainings and facilitation
Ability to communicate clearly
Work as a team member and work cooperatively.
Ability to work well independently.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
- Organization: GOAL
- Location: Juba with travel to the field | Juba
- Grade: Mid level
- Human Resources
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-01-27