Monitoring and Evaluation Director
Kaduna (Nigeria) | Abuja
To assume a lead technical role in developing, implementing, and maintaining effective and appropriate Monitoring and Evaluation systems for all project activities. The post will involve coordination with project management and state teams, and will be responsible for reporting data to USAID in line with their requirements, and with SC guidelines and best practices.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Objective 1: Develop Project Monitoring and Evaluation Systems
- Based on the project proposal, implementation plan, and donor reporting requirements, develop a system for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impact, which is feasible, practical, and “user friendly”, and will obtain valid and reliable information.
- Develop the projects Performance Monitoring Plan based on USAID reporting requirements and
- Ensure that systems developed capture both quantitative and qualitative information to measure results as detailed in the Project’s Results Framework.
- Ensure an effective roll-out of M&E collection and reporting systems to all staff and partners through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed. Ensure systems are well understood and properly implemented by staff and partners.
- Ensure that systems developed capture appropriate cost and financial information to enable development and tracking of value for money indicators over the project, including benchmarking information to analyse programme effectiveness and cost effective inputs.
- Ensure that all tools are practical to use and accommodate different levels of expertise and computer literacy, from community groups, to partners, to project staff.
Objective 2: Implementation of Project Progress and Quality Monitoring Systems
- Work with partners and state teams to establish reporting processes to ensure that all information and data is collected, documented, and collated in an accurate and timely manner.
- Conduct periodic supportive supervision and Data Quality Assessment visits to state teams, partners, and communities.
- Create a system for ensuring that information obtained is also shared with communities, children, and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism.
- Ensure programming is aligned to targets and indicators contained in project proposal using the IPTT.
- Support Programme Management to ensure programming quality is constantly audited and is of acceptable quality.
Objective 3: Coordinate Project Evaluations, Assessments, Operations Research and Other Studies
- Support overall project review and evaluation activities as required in partnership with the USAID partner for- evaluation. This includes coordinating mid-term and final evaluations, and supporting donor and external reviews as required.
- Design methodology and coordinate research activities for any project operations research and assessments (HEVA)
Objective 4: Manage Project Databases
- Facilitate trainings on the use of project/USAID approved databases and software (DHIS2, NOMIS).
- Monitor roll out and functionality of databases across implementing CSOs.
Objective 5: Institute Functional Reporting, Knowledge Management and Learning Platforms
- Lead in the preparation of monthly reports for Save the Children Nigeria and other partners involved in the project (including the donor) ensuring utmost quality.
- Design and Develop appropriate information products to disseminate project progress (Programs Review Presentation, M&E Bulletin)
- Coordinate monthly project review and learning meetings with consortium partners and CSOs.
- Constantly update programme management and the Head of MEAL on activities progress and quality as well as recommendations for improvement.
Objective 6: Monitoring of Project Accountability Structures and Platforms
- Facilitate accountability assessments (CRM, Child/Stakeholder Participation & Information Sharing)
- Design, implement and monitor project based Complaint and Response Mechanisms
- Manage project complaints and response mechanism central database
*Objective 7: M&E Capacity Strengthening Provide on-going support to state teams, partners, and communities to maintain M&E systems; identify skill gaps that can be addressed in subsequent refresher trainings.
- Ensure regular reviews of the M&E system itself, making improvements as needed and recommended, in consultation with managers, staff, and partners.
- Work with the other Nigeria program managers and effective programs team to ensure that the project’s M&E system is well linked and/or integrated with overall M&E systems for the SC Nigeria Country Program.
- Identify the need for additional technical support to ensure effective programme delivery and coordinate the allocation of that support. **
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Advanced training in quantitative methodologies, including database management.
- 5 years of direct experience of monitoring and evaluation related to one or more of these fields: health, HIV, nutrition and/ or economics.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning. Demonstrated ability to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and evaluation.
- Experience of cost benefit analysis, economic appraisal or other value for money methodologies.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Proven ability to coordinate effective resource allocation to ensure quality programmes.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable workplans and evaluate progress.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal). The ability to analyse complex data and summarise it for a range of different audiences.
- Experience of working within budget constraints.
- Commitment to SC’s mission, values and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety).
- Commitment to support cross organisational initiatives.
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Ability to operate within a predominantly administratively self-servicing environment.
- Professional qualification at postgraduate level or equivalent in economics or related discipline
- Experience working with Systems Strengthening programs to support vulnerable children.
- Experience in qualitative research techniques Experience in international development
To apply kindly follow the link below:
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Kaduna (Nigeria) | Abuja
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2016-01-26